None of the authors have financial interests, relationships, or affiliations relevant to the subject of the manuscript. The work was funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and its support of the Center for Research on Therapeutics at the University of Pennsylvania, as well as the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and its support of the Clinical Scholars Program.
Availability of Rapid Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing in Academic Emergency Departments
Version of Record online: 7 FEB 2008
© 2008 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 15, Issue 2, pages 144–150, February 2008
How to Cite
Ehrenkranz, P. D., Ahn, C. J., Metlay, J. P., Camargo, C. A., Holmes, W. C. and Rothman, R. (2008), Availability of Rapid Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing in Academic Emergency Departments. Academic Emergency Medicine, 15: 144–150. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2008.00028.x
- Issue online: 7 FEB 2008
- Version of Record online: 7 FEB 2008
- Received June 22, 2007; revision received September 26, 2007; accepted September 26, 2007.
- 1HIV prevalence in the United States, 2000 [Abstract 11]. Presented at the Ninth Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Seattle, WA; February 24–28, 2002. Available at: http://gateway.nlm.nih.gov/MeetingAbstracts/102264313.html. Accessed Jun 21, 2007., , , , , .
- 4Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55(RR-14):1–17., , , et al.
- 14FCB Healthcare. Formative research results: HIV prevention in care for health care professionals, 2003, http://www.fcb.com. Accessed Mar 27, 2003.
- 15Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report: Cases of HIV Infection and AIDS in the United States, 2004. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats/hasrlink.htm. Accessed Jun 21, 2007.
- 16Westlaw, 2007. Available at: http://www.westlaw.com. Accessed Jun 21, 2007
- 18Scope of rapid HIV testing in hospitals across the United States. Available at: http://apha.confex.com/apha/134am/techprogram/session_19423.htm. Accessed Jun 21, 2007., , , et al.
- 23Institute of Medicine. No time to lose: getting more from HIV prevention. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine, National Academy Press, 2001.
- 24Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Trends in HIV/AIDS diagnoses--33 states, 2001-2004. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005; 54(45):1149–53.
- 25Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Late versus early testing of HIV--16 Sites, United States, 2000-2003. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003; 52(25):581–6.
- 27Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Rapid HIV testing in emergency departments--three U.S. sites, January 2005-March 2006. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007; 56(24):597–601.