Funding for this project was provided by an unrestricted research grant from the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians.
Building a Simulation-based Crisis Resource Management Course for Emergency Medicine, Phase 1: Results from an Interdisciplinary Needs Assessment Survey
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
© 2008 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: Proceedings of The 2008 AEM Consensus Conference: The Science of Simulation in Healthcare: Defining and Developing Clinical Expertise Guest Editors:Amy Kaji, MD, PhD David C. Cone, MD
Volume 15, Issue 11, pages 1136–1143, November 2008
How to Cite
Hicks, C. M., Bandiera, G. W. and Denny, C. J. (2008), Building a Simulation-based Crisis Resource Management Course for Emergency Medicine, Phase 1: Results from an Interdisciplinary Needs Assessment Survey. Academic Emergency Medicine, 15: 1136–1143. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2008.00185.x
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Received March 3, 2008; revision received April 10, 2008; accepted April 15, 2008.
- 3CooperG, WhiteM, LauberJ (eds). Resource management on the flightdeck: proceedings of a NASA/industry workshop (NASA CP-2120). Moffet Field, CA: NASA-Ames Research Center: Academic Press, 1980.
- 5Why crew resource management? Empiric and theoretical bases of human factors training in aviation. In: WeinerE, KankiB, HelmreichR, eds. Cockpit Resource Management. San Diego, CA: Academic Press, 1993: 3–45., .
- 8Measuring and managing for team performance: emerging principles from complex environments. In: GuzzoR, SalasE, eds. Team Effectiveness and Decision Making in Organizations. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 1995: 149–203., .
- 14Crisis Management in Anesthesiology. New York, NY: Churchill Livingstone, 1994., , .
- 21SurveyMonkey.com. Available at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/Default.aspx. Accessed Sep 2007.
- 22Mail and telephone surveys: the total design method. New York, NY: Wiley, 1978..
- 25A pilot study using high-fidelity simulation to formally evaluate performance in the resuscitation of critically ill patients: The University of Ottawa Critical Care Medicine, High-Fidelity Simulation, and Crisis Resource Management I Study. Crit Care Med. 2006; 34:2167–74., , , , .
- 26To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1999., , .
- 28The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. About CanMEDS. Available at: http://rcpsc.medical.org/canmeds/about_e.php. Accessed Mar 1, 2008.
- 29American College of Graduate Medical Education. Outcome Project. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/Outcome/. Accessed Mar 1, 2008.