Presented at the Surgical Forum, American College of Surgeons Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 2006.
Eight Hours of Hypotensive versus Normotensive Resuscitation in a Porcine Model of Controlled Hemorrhagic Shock
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2008
© 2008 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 15, Issue 9, pages 845–852, September 2008
How to Cite
Skarda, D. E., Mulier, K. E., George, M. E. and Beilman, G. J. (2008), Eight Hours of Hypotensive versus Normotensive Resuscitation in a Porcine Model of Controlled Hemorrhagic Shock. Academic Emergency Medicine, 15: 845–852. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2008.00202.x
Awarded first place, Minnesota State Trauma Paper Competition, American College of Surgeons, Minneapolis, MN, October 2006; and second place, Region V Trauma Paper Competition, American College of Surgeons, Indianapolis, IN, November 2006.
This work was funded by the Office of Naval Research (Grant N0001-14-02-1-0093 to GJB).
- Issue published online: 8 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2008
- Received March 25, 2008; revisions received June 2 and June 5, 2008; accepted June 6, 2008.
This article has been cited by:
- 2Combined Hemorrhage/Trauma Models in Pigs—Current State and Future Perspectives, Shock, 2013, 40, 4, 247, , , , ,
- 3The concept of damage control: Extending the paradigm in the prehospital setting, Annales Françaises d'Anesthésie et de Réanimation, 2013, 32, 7-8, 520, , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Metabolomics classifies phase of care and identifies risk for mortality in a porcine model of multiple injuries and hemorrhagic shock, Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, 2012, 73, S147, , , , ,
- 5Equine Surgery, 2012,,
- 6Advances in resuscitation strategies, International Journal of Surgery, 2011, 9, 1, 5,
- 7Drug Metabolism in Hemorrhagic Shock: Pharmacokinetics of Selective Markers of Cytochrome-P450 2C9, 2D6, and 3A4 Enzyme Activities in a Porcine Model, Journal of Surgical Research, 2011, 167, 2, e231, , , ,
- 8New Trends in Resuscitation, Current Problems in Surgery, 2011, 48, 8, 531, ,
- 9Resucitación hipotensiva, una medida más en el tratamiento del shock hemorrágico, Revista Española de Anestesiología y Reanimación, 2011, 58, 7, 459, ,
- 10Severe controlled hemorrhage resuscitation with small volume poloxamer 188 in sedated miniature swine, Resuscitation, 2011, 82, 11, 1453, , , , ,
- 11FLUID RESUSCITATION, Shock, 2010, 33, 3, 229, ,
- 12Emerging therapies in traumatic hemorrhage control, Current Opinion in Critical Care, 2009, 15, 6, 560, ,