The project was supported by an unrestricted grant from GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC).
National Study of Emergency Department Visits for Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, 1993–2005
Article first published online: 27 OCT 2008
© 2008 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 15, Issue 12, pages 1275–1283, December 2008
How to Cite
Tsai, C.-L., Sobrino, J. A. and Camargo Jr, C. A. (2008), National Study of Emergency Department Visits for Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, 1993–2005. Academic Emergency Medicine, 15: 1275–1283. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2008.00284.x
Conflict of interest statement: Dr. Camargo has received financial support (research grants, consulting, lectures) in the past 5 years from Altana, AstraZeneca, Aventis, Aventis Pasteur, Boehringer Ingelheim, Dey, GlaxoSmithKline, MedImmune, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Respironics, and Schering Plough. The other authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 27 OCT 2008
- Received July 8, 2008; revisions received August 25 and August 29, 2008; accepted August 30, 2008.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in African- and European-American women: morbidity, mortality and healthcare utilization in the USA, Expert Review of Respiratory Medicine, 2015, 9, 2, 161, ,
- 4Azithromycin for Prevention of Exacerbations of COPD, New England Journal of Medicine, 2011, 365, 8, 689, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5The validity of using ICD-9 codes and pharmacy records to identify patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, BMC Health Services Research, 2011, 11, 1, 37, , , , , , ,
- 6Pharmacoepidemiologic study of acute exacerbations of COPD: challenges and opportunities, Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy, 2010, 8, 11, 1221,
- 7TanreqingInjection Combined with Conventional Western Medicine for Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: A Systematic Review, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2010, 16, 12, 1309, , , , , , ,
- 8Who Is the Emergency Room Patient? An Evolutionary Concept Analysis, Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 2010, 29, 4, 182,
- 9Improved care of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in two academic emergency departments, International Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2009, 2, 2, 111, , , ,
- You have free access to this content10