Tuesdays to Write … A Guide to Time Management in Academic Emergency Medicine
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
© 2008 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 2, pages 165–167, February 2009
How to Cite
Lowenstein, S. R. (2009), Tuesdays to Write … A Guide to Time Management in Academic Emergency Medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine, 16: 165–167. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2008.00337.x
- Issue published online: 27 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- 1Time to Heal. American Medical Education from the Turn of the Century to the Era of Managed Care. New York: Oxford University Press, 1999..
- 2Medical school faculty discontent: prevalence and predictors of intent to leave academic medicine. BioMed Central Med Educ. 2007; 7:37., , .
- 5Physician wellness in an academic career. In: HobgoodC, ZinkB, eds. Emergency Medicine: An Academic Career Guide. Lansing, MI: Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. Available at: http://www.saem.org/publicat/intro.html. Accessed Nov 17, 2008., .
- 6Time management. Chapter 6. Making the Right Moves. A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Post-docs and New Faculty. Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Available at: http://www.bcm.edu/medicine/research/?PMID=2829. Accessed May 16, 2008.
- 7Five potential pitfalls for junior faculty at academic health centers. Acad Physician Scientist. 2004; May:2..
- 8Organizing your work and time. Acad Physician Scientist. 2004; Sept:2..
- 9Time management skills for faculty. Comments delivered at a symposium at the Chief Residents’ Forum, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, May 21, 2000..
- 10Crazy Busy: Overstretched, Overbooked and About to Snap. New York, NY: Ballantine Books, 2006..
- 11Become a productive academic writer. Acad Physician Scientist. 2004; Nov/Dec:2..
- 12The daily struggle to avoid burial by email. New York Times. April 20, 2008. Business Section, p 8..
- 13Does e-mail distract? Not if you take charge. New York Times. November 4, 2007. Business Section, p 17..
- 14It’s time to stand up to your emails. Denver Post (Wall Street Journal Sunday). August 26, 2007. p WSJ 3..
- 15Think before you hit the ‘reply to all’ button. Available at: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/business_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_82_5184357,00.html. Accessed Nov 17, 2008..
- 16Getting to no. Christian Century. Sep 18, 2007, page 39..
- 17Winners never quit? Well, yes, they do. New York Times. Aug 16, 2008. p B5..
- 18TesserA, SchwarzN, eds. Blackwell Handbook of Social Psychology: Intraindividual processes. Boston, MA: Blackwell Publishing, p 317.