Funded in part by a supplement from NIH/NIDA to The Youth Alcohol Prevention Center (P60AA13759).
Screening and Brief Intervention to Reduce Marijuana Use Among Youth and Young Adults in a Pediatric Emergency Department
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2009
© 2009 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 11, pages 1174–1185, November 2009
How to Cite
Bernstein, E., Edwards, E., Dorfman, D., Heeren, T., Bliss, C. and Bernstein, J. (2009), Screening and Brief Intervention to Reduce Marijuana Use Among Youth and Young Adults in a Pediatric Emergency Department. Academic Emergency Medicine, 16: 1174–1185. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00490.x
- Issue published online: 4 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2009
- Received February 25, 2009; revision received May 26, 2009; accepted May 27, 2009.
- 1Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Office of Applied Studies. Drug Abuse Warning network, 2006: National Estimates of Drug Related Emergency Department Visits. DAWN Series D-30, DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 08-4339, Rockville, MD: Department of Health and Human Services, 2008.
- 11The efficacy of single-session motivational interviewing in reducing drug consumption and perceptions of drug-related risk and harm among young people: results from a multi-site cluster randomized trial. Addiction. 2002; 99:39–52., .
- 12Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. YRBSS: Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/yrbs/index.htm. Accessed Jun 6, 2009.
- 13Time-line follow back: a technique for assessing self-reported alcohol consumption. In: LittenR, AllenJ, eds. Measuring Alcohol Consumption. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, 1992., .
- 20Enhancing motivation for change in substance abuse treatment. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series, DHHS Publication No. 99-3354. Rockville, MD: Department of Health and Human Services, 1999..
- 21Motivational interviewing: preparing people to change addictive behavior, 2nd edn. New York, NY: Guilford Press, 2002., .
- 23Staying in touch: a fieldwork manual of tracking procedures for locating substance abusers in follow-up studies, 2nd edn. Los Angeles, CA: UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, 2003., , , et al.
- 25National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Form 90 format. Available at: http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/Assesing%20Alcohol/InstrumentPDFs/36_Form%2090.pdf. Accessed Jun 6, 2009.