Presented at The Gold Foundation Symposium, “How Are We Teaching Humanism in Medicine and What is Working?” September 27–29, 2007, Chicago, IL; and the 9th Annual International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH), January 10–14, 2009, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
Can Unannounced Standardized Patients Assess Professionalism and Communication Skills in the Emergency Department?
Article first published online: 10 AUG 2009
© 2009 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 9, pages 915–918, September 2009
How to Cite
Zabar, S., Ark, T., Gillespie, C., Hsieh, A., Kalet, A., Kachur, E., Manko, J. and Regan, L. (2009), Can Unannounced Standardized Patients Assess Professionalism and Communication Skills in the Emergency Department?. Academic Emergency Medicine, 16: 915–918. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00510.x
Supported by Picker Institute Challenge Grant 2007.
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 10 AUG 2009
- Received February 27, 2009; revision received May 21, 2009; accepted May 22, 2009.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Directly Observed Care: Can Unannounced Standardized Patients Address a Gap in Performance Measurement?, Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2014, 29, 11, 1439, , , ,
- 3Unannounced standardized patients: a promising method of assessing patient-centered care in your health care system, BMC Health Services Research, 2014, 14, 1, 157, , , , , , ,
- 4A Literature Review of Professionalism in Surgical Education: Suggested Components for Development of a Curriculum, Journal of Surgical Education, 2013, 70, 3, 408, ,
- 5Comparison of physician staffed emergency teams with paramedic teams assisted by telemedicine – a randomized, controlled simulation study, Resuscitation, 2013, 84, 1, 85, , , , , , , , ,
- 6Feasibility of audit methods to study access to substance use treatment, Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 2013, 45, 5, 395, , ,
- 8A Window on Professionalism in the Emergency Department Through Medical Student Narratives, Annals of Emergency Medicine, 2011, 58, 3, 288, ,
- 9The advantages and challenges of unannounced standardized patient methodology to assess healthcare communication, Patient Education and Counseling, 2011, 82, 3, 318, , , , , , , ,
- You have free access to this content10