Dr. Merchant and this study were supported by a career development grant from the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases (K23 A1060363). Dr. Mayer was supported by the Center for AIDS Research at Lifespan/Tufts/Brown (P30 AI42853).
Effectiveness of Increasing Emergency Department Patients’ Self-perceived Risk for Being Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infected Through Audio Computer Self-interview–based Feedback About Reported HIV Risk Behaviors
Version of Record online: 4 NOV 2009
© 2009 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 11, pages 1143–1155, November 2009
How to Cite
Merchant, R. C., Clark, M. A., Langan, T. J., Seage, G. R., Mayer, K. H. and DeGruttola, V. G. (2009), Effectiveness of Increasing Emergency Department Patients’ Self-perceived Risk for Being Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infected Through Audio Computer Self-interview–based Feedback About Reported HIV Risk Behaviors. Academic Emergency Medicine, 16: 1143–1155. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00537.x
- Issue online: 4 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 4 NOV 2009
- Received March 2, 2009; revision received May 26, 2009; accepted June 12, 2009.
- 15Program B.R.I.E.F.: a 32 month analysis of high volume rapid HIV testing multimedia model [Abstract 203]. Paper presented at: 2008 National Summit on HIV Diagnosis, Prevention, and Access to Care, Arlington, VA, November 19–21. 2008., , , et al.
- 17Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55:1–17.
- 19Theoretical antecedents to HIV risk perception. J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc. 2000; 6:177–82., , .
- 23Influence of perceived and assessed risk on STD clinic clients’ acceptance of HIV testing, return for test results, and HIV serostatus. Psychol Health Med. 1996; 1:83–98., , , , .
- 25Knowledge, perception of risk for HIV, and condom use: a comparison of registered and freelance female sex workers in Cebu City, Philippines. AIDS Behav. 2001; 5:319–30., , , .