This work is the output from a consensus workshop conducted during the May 2009 Academic Emergency Medicine Consensus Conference in New Orleans, LA: “Public Health In the ED: Surveillance, Screening, and Intervention.”
Public Health in the Emergency Department: Surveillance, Screening, and Intervention—Funding and Sustainability
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2009
© 2009 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 11, pages 1138–1142, November 2009
How to Cite
Woolard, R., Degutis, L. C., Mello, M., Rothman, R., Cherpitel, C. J., Post, L. A., Hirshon, J. M., Haukoos, J. S. and Hungerford, D. W. (2009), Public Health in the Emergency Department: Surveillance, Screening, and Intervention—Funding and Sustainability. Academic Emergency Medicine, 16: 1138–1142. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00550.x
Workshop attendees were as follows: Chris Carpenter, Esther Choo, Ted Christopher, Eileen Couture, Linda Degutis, William G. Fernandez, Fred Harchelroad, Jeremy Hess, Jon Mark Hirshon, Nancy Kerr, Barbara Kirrane, Robert Lipton, Rika Maeshiro, Douglas McLachlan, Michael Mello, Mary Murphy, David Orban, Lori Post, Mandy Roberts, Richard Rothman, Richard Sattin, and Robert Woolard.
- Issue published online: 4 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2009
- Received June 19, 2009; revisions received July 17 and August 3, 2009; accepted August 4, 2009.
- 1SAEM Public Health Interest Group. Public Health Projects in Emergency Medicine, 2000–2005. Available at: http://www.emnet-usa.org/affiliate/hp2010_final.pdf. Accessed May 26, 2009.
- 2US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2010. Available at: http://www.healthypeople.gov/. Accessed May 26, 2009.
- 4American Board of Emergency Medicine. Qualifying examination description and content specifications. Available at: http://www.abem.org/RAINBOW/portal/alias_Rainbow/lang_en-US/tabID_3368/DesktopDefault.aspx. Accessed May 26, 2009.
- 8American College of Emergency Physicians. Master Calendar for Emergency Medicine. Available at: http://www2.acep.org/index.cfm?go=calendar.xList. Accessed May 26, 2009.
- 9CMEdownload.com. CMEdownload.com (store). Available at: http://cmedownload.com/store/index.php. Accessed May 26, 2009.
- 10Association of American Medical Schools. Training Future Physicians About Injury: Report on the Advisory Panel on Injury Prevention and Control Education for Medical Students. Washington, DC: Association of American Medical Schools, 2005.
- 11Joint Commission. Accreditation Manual for Hospitals. Vol. 1. Standards. Oakbrook Terrace, IL: Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, 1996, p 54.