Supported, in part, by an Independent Scientist Award (K02 HS017526) to JSH from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and a Mentored, Patient-Oriented Career Development Award (K23 AI068453) to MSL from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID/NIH).
Idealized Models or Incremental Program Evaluation: Translating Emergency Department HIV Testing Into Practice
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2009
© 2009 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 11, pages 1044–1048, November 2009
How to Cite
Haukoos, J. S. and Lyons, M. S. (2009), Idealized Models or Incremental Program Evaluation: Translating Emergency Department HIV Testing Into Practice. Academic Emergency Medicine, 16: 1044–1048. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00556.x
- Issue published online: 4 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2009
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention. HIV Prevalence Estimate. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#hivest. Accessed Aug 5, 2009.
- 3Centers for Diesease Control and Prevention (CDC). Advancing HIV prevention: new strategies for a changing epidemic--United States, 2003. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003; 52:329–32.
- 4Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55:1–17., , , et al.
- 6Nomenclature and definitions for emergency department human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing: report from the 2007 conference of the National Emergency Department HIV Testing Consortium. Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16:168–77., , , et al.
- 7ACEP Board of Directors. HIV testing and screening in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 50:209.
- 8National Institutes of Health. Computer Retrieval of Information on Scientific Projects (CRISP). Available at: http://crisp.cit.nih.gov/. Accessed Aug 7, 2009.
- 10Design and implementation of a controlled clinical trial to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of routine opt-out rapid human immunodeficiency virus screening in the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16:800–8., , , et al.
- 14Institute of Medicine. Initial National Priorities for Comparative Effectiveness Research. Available at: http://www.iom.edu/Object.File/Master/71/107/CER%20report%20brief%206%2030%2009.pdf. Accessed Aug 6, 2009.