Presented at the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors Academic Assembly, Las Vegas, NV, March 5–7, 2009.
Teaching Across the Generation Gap: A Consensus from the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors 2009 Academic Assembly
Article first published online: 8 DEC 2009
© 2009 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: CORD Educational Advances Supplement
Volume 16, Issue Supplement s2, pages S19–S24, December 2009
How to Cite
Moreno-Walton, L., Brunett, P., Akhtar, S. and DeBlieux, P. M. C. (2009), Teaching Across the Generation Gap: A Consensus from the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors 2009 Academic Assembly. Academic Emergency Medicine, 16: S19–S24. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00601.x
CoI: The author reports no conflicts of financial interest.
Dr. Moreno-Walton’s work on this project was partially supported through the Tulane University/Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Clinical and Translational Research, Education, and Commercialization Project, and by the Louisiana Board of Regents.
- Issue published online: 8 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 8 DEC 2009
- Received June 26, 2009; revision received August 9, 2009; accepted August 10, 2009.
- 1Merriam-Webster. On-line Dictionary. Available at: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/generation. Accessed Sep 20, 2009.
- 2When Generations Collide: Who They Are, Why They Clash, How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work. New York, NY: Harper Collins, 2005., .
- 7Not Everyone Gets a Trophy: How to Manage Generation Y. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2009..
- 8Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation. New York, NY: Vintage Books, 2000., .
- 9The generation Y adult learning theory: an analysis of the new generation of radiography students. RT Image. 2009; 22:10–11..
- 10Forrester Research, Inc. North American Technographics Benchmark Survey, 2008. Available at: http://www.forrester.com/ER/Research/Survey/Excerpt/1,5449,652,00.html. Accessed Sep 20, 2009.
- 11Your future chief of staff? Hosp Health Netw. 2008; 82(3):30–4..
- 13Residents strive to raise public awareness of their role. Can Med Assoc J. 2003; 168:1030..