Presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine annual meeting, New Orleans, LA, May 2009.
Validation of the Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale in Pediatric Emergency Department Patients
Version of Record online: 9 DEC 2009
© 2009 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 50–54, January 2010
How to Cite
Garra, G., Singer, A. J., Taira, B. R., Chohan, J., Cardoz, H., Chisena, E. and Thode, H. C. (2010), Validation of the Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale in Pediatric Emergency Department Patients. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 50–54. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00620.x
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 9 DEC 2009
- Received April 21, 2009; revisions received July 8 and July 19, 2009; accepted July 20, 2009.
- 1Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Critical Access Hospitals. Oakbrook Terrace, IL: Joint Commission, 2006.
- 6Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby, 2005, p. 1259., , .
- 11Pain assessment in infants and children. In: McgrathPA, ed. Pain in Children: Nature, Assessment, and Treatment. New York, NY: The Guildford Press, 1990, pp 41–87..
- 12Measurement of pain by self-report. In: FinleyGA, McGrathPJ, eds. Progress in Pain Research and Management. Seattle, WA: IASP Press; 1998, pp 123–55., , , .
- 13Measuring pain in children: developmental and instrument issue. In: SchechterN, BerdeCB, YasterM, eds. Pain in Infants, Children and Adolescents, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2003, pp 128–41., , .