Presented at the Fourth Mediterranean Emergency Medicine Congress, Sorrento, Italy, September, 2007.
Assessment of a New Model for Femoral Ultrasound-guided Central Venous Access Procedural Training: A Pilot Study
Article first published online: 9 DEC 2009
© 2009 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 88–92, January 2010
How to Cite
Wadman, M. C., Lomneth, C. S., Hoffman, L. H., Zeger, W. G., Lander, L. and Walker, R. A. (2010), Assessment of a New Model for Femoral Ultrasound-guided Central Venous Access Procedural Training: A Pilot Study. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 88–92. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00626.x
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 9 DEC 2009
- Received August 17, 2009; revision received October 1, 2009; accepted October 2, 2009.
- 1EricssonKA, CharnessN, HoffmanRR, FeltovichPJ (eds.). Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press, 2006, pp 457–88.
- 4A fresh frozen cadaver procedure laboratory. MedEdPORTAL; 2008. Available at: http://services.aamc.org/30/mededportal/servlet/s/segment/mededportal/?subid=794. Accessed Aug 7, 2009., , , , .
- 6Comparison of intravascular substances in a central venous access simulation model utilizing lightly embalmed cadavers. Council of Residency Directors (CORD) Academic Assembly, Orlando, FL, March 2007., , , , , .
- 7Enhancement of teaching central venous access using viscous lubricant in lightly embalmed cadavers. American College of Clinical Pathology meeting, Chicago, IL, 2006., ,
- 8The fruition of Halsted’s concept of surgical training. Surgery. 1952; 23:518–27..
- 9Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME Duty Hours Language. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/RRC_110/110_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug 7, 2009.
- 10KohnLT, CorriganJM, DonaldsonMS (eds.). To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Healthcare System. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 1999.
- 16Central line simulation: a new training algorithm. Am Surg. 2007; 73:682–3., , .
- 17Self reported emergency medicine residency applicant attitudes towards a procedural cadaver laboratory curriculum. West J Emerg Med. 2008; 9:141–5., , , .