This work was presented at the Midwest Regional Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Meeting, Coralville, IA, 2008; and the SAEM national meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2009.
Potentially Inappropriate Medication Utilization in the Emergency Department Visits by Older Adults: Analysis From a Nationally Representative Sample
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 3, pages 231–237, March 2010
How to Cite
Meurer, W. J., Potti, T. A., Kerber, K. A., Sasson, C., Macy, M. L., West, B. T. and Losman, E. D. (2010), Potentially Inappropriate Medication Utilization in the Emergency Department Visits by Older Adults: Analysis From a Nationally Representative Sample. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 231–237. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00667.x
The authors have no conflicts of interest to report. WJM and TAP received support from the Summer Research Training in Aging for Medical Students program from the National Institutes of Health, National Institutes of Aging (T35 AG026738). The sponsor did not play any direct role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; or preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript. WJM had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2010
- Received August 17, 2009; revision received September 24, 2009; accepted September 25, 2009.
This article has been cited by:
- 1A “Top Five” list for emergency medicine: a policy and research agenda for stewardship to improve the value of emergency care, The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2013, 31, 10, 1520, ,
- 2Beers List: What’s NOT on “Tap” for the Older Adult, Journal of Emergency Nursing, 2013, 39, 5, 491, ,
- 4Utilizing pharmacists to optimize patient outcomes and costs in the Emergency Department, The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2013,, , , ,
- 5Inappropriate Medication in a National Sample of US Elderly Patients Receiving Home Health Care, Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2012, 27, 3, 304, , , , ,
- 6Histamine and H1-antihistamines: Celebrating a century of progress, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2011, 128, 6, 1139, ,
- 7Hospital Emergency Department Visits Attributed to Pulpal and Periapical Disease in the United States in 2006, Journal of Endodontics, 2011, 37, 1, 6, , , , , , ,
- 8Improving older patients’ experience in the emergency room: the senior-friendly emergency room, Aging Health, 2011, 7, 6, 901, , , ,
- 9Year in Review: Medication Mishaps in the Elderly, The American Journal of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy, 2011, 9, 1, 1, , , , ,