This work was presented at the Midwest Regional Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Meeting, Coralville, IA, 2008; and the SAEM national meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2009.
Potentially Inappropriate Medication Utilization in the Emergency Department Visits by Older Adults: Analysis From a Nationally Representative Sample
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 3, pages 231–237, March 2010
How to Cite
Meurer, W. J., Potti, T. A., Kerber, K. A., Sasson, C., Macy, M. L., West, B. T. and Losman, E. D. (2010), Potentially Inappropriate Medication Utilization in the Emergency Department Visits by Older Adults: Analysis From a Nationally Representative Sample. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 231–237. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00667.x
The authors have no conflicts of interest to report. WJM and TAP received support from the Summer Research Training in Aging for Medical Students program from the National Institutes of Health, National Institutes of Aging (T35 AG026738). The sponsor did not play any direct role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; or preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript. WJM had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2010
- Received August 17, 2009; revision received September 24, 2009; accepted September 25, 2009.
- 13Plan and operation of the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Survey. Series 1: programs and collection procedures. Vital Health Stat 1. 1994 (34):1–78., .
- 14The collection and processing of drug information: National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey. United States, 1980. Vital Health Stat 2. 1982; (90):1–90., .
- 15Applied Logistic Regression. New York, NY: Wiley, 2000., .
- 16Goodness-of-fit test for a logistic regression model fitted using survey sample data. Stata J. 2006; 6:97–105., .
- 19Adverse drug reaction and inappropriate prescribing in elderly patients. J Geriatr Drug Ther. 1991; 6:63–74., .