Presented at the SimTecT Health 2009 Health Simulation Conference, Melbourne, Australia, September 7–10, 2009.
Virtual Reality Triage Training Provides a Viable Solution for Disaster-preparedness
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 8, pages 870–876, August 2010
How to Cite
Andreatta, P. B., Maslowski, E., Petty, S., Shim, W., Marsh, M., Hall, T., Stern, S. and Frankel, J. (2010), Virtual Reality Triage Training Provides a Viable Solution for Disaster-preparedness. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 870–876. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00728.x
None of the authors associated with this manuscript have any potential conflicts of interest, including financial interests, relationships, or affiliations relevant to the subject of this manuscript.
Supervising Editor: Richard L. Lammers, MD.
- Issue online: 29 JUL 2010
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2010
- Received August 26, 2009; revisions received October 16, November 4, and November 5, 2009; accepted November 11, 2009.
- 1Disaster Medicine 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007., .
- 2Outlines of Naval Surgery. Vol. 20: Edinburgh; 1846. Available at: books.google.com. Accessed Feb 2, 2009..
- 5The use of cognitive appraisal to reduce stress reactions. J Soc Behav Pers. 1990; 5:275–85., .
- 8Learning and Memory of Knowledge and Skills: Durability and Specificity. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1995., .
- 9New conceptualizations of practice: common principles in three paradigms suggest new concepts for training. Psychol Sci. 1992; 3:207–17., .Direct Link:
- 14Mass-casualty triage: time for an evidence-based approach. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2008; 23:3–8., , , et al.
- 15START. Newport Beach, CA: Newport Beach Fire and Marine Department, 1994., , , et al.
- 21National Research Council, Committee on Virtual Reality Research and Development. Virtual Reality: Scientific and Technological Challenges. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 1994.
- 22Virtual Reality, Training’s Future? Perspectives on Virtual Reality and Related Emerging Technologies. New York, NY: Plenum, 1997..
- 23Virtual Reality: The Revolutionary Technology of Computer-generated Artificial Worlds–And How It Promises to Transform Society. New York, NY: Touchstone, 1991..
- 24Understanding and learning virtual spaces. In: Cognitive Mapping: Past, Present and Future. Vol 4. New York, NY: Routledge, 2000., , , et al.
- 25Pathological Anxiety: Emotional Processing in Etiology and Treatment. New York: Guilford Press, 2006..
- 32Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. 2nd ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 1988..
- 42Thought processes, consciousness, and stress. In: Human Stress and Cognition: An information Processing Approach. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1979..
- 43The relationship between anxiety and performance: a cognitive-behavioral perspective. Athletic Insight. 1999; 1:1–14..