A related article appears on page 536.
“We Did Everything We Could …”
Article first published online: 23 APR 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 5, pages 524–526, May 2010
How to Cite
Keaton, B. F. (2010), “We Did Everything We Could …”. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 524–526. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00740.x
- Issue published online: 23 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 23 APR 2010
- 2The Markle Foundation. Connecting for Health. The Common Framework: Networked Health Information. New York, NY. Available at: http://www.connectingforhealth.org/commonframework/. Accessed Feb 24, 2010.
- 3President George W. Bush. Remarks to the American Association of Community Colleges Convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota. April 26, 2004. Available at: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=72610&st=&st1=. Accessed Feb 24, 2010.
- 4President George W. Bush. Incentives for the Use of Health Information Technology and Establishing the Position of the National Health Information Technology Coordinator. Available at: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2004/pdf/04-10024.pdf. Accessed Feb 24, 2010.
- 5A View of the Emergency Department of the Future. Dallas, TX: American College of Emergency Physicians, 1992., .
- 7Health Level 7 International. Functional Profile - Emergency Department Information Systems. Available at: http://xreg2.nist.gov:8080/ehrsRegistry/faces/view/detailFunctionalProfile.jsp?id=urn:uuid:de55973d-63a9-46c5-bc29-8f3a0fdf8d9a. Accessed Feb 24, 2010.
- 8American National Standards Institute. Health Information Technology Standards Panel. Report from the Provider Perspective Technical Committee: Emergency Responder Use Case, 2007. Available at: http://www.hitsp.org/InteroperabilitySet_Details.aspx?MasterIS=true&InteroperabilityId=51&PrefixAlpha=1&APrefix=IS&PrefixNumeric=04. Accessed March 2010.
- 9Emergency Department Information Systems: Primer for Emergency Physicians, Nurses and IT Professionals. Dallas, TX: American College of Emergency Physicians, 2009., , , et al.
- 10U.S. Library of Congress. THOMAS homepage. Available at: http://thomas.loc.gov/. Accessed Feb 2010.
- 11U.S. Government Printing Office. Federal Register: Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program; Proposed Rule. January 13, 2010 (Volume 75, Number 8). Available at: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/E9-31217.htm. Accessed Feb 24, 2010.