Preliminary data from this study were presented at the 2009 National Association of EMS Physicians annual meeting in Jacksonville, FL; and the 2009 World Interactive Network Focused on Critical Ultrasound meeting in Sydney, Australia.
Prehospital Ultrasound by Paramedics: Results of Field Trial
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 6, pages 624–630, June 2010
How to Cite
Heegaard, W., Hildebrandt, D., Spear, D., Chason, K., Nelson, B. and Ho, J. (2010), Prehospital Ultrasound by Paramedics: Results of Field Trial. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 624–630. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00755.x
SonoSite Corporation provided all MicroMaxx ultrasound machines free of charge. SonoSite Corporation provided an unrestricted grant for this study. Other sources of financial support came from the Hennepin County Medical Center Department of Emergency Medicine, the Hennepin County Medical Center Emergency Medical Services, and the Edina Fire Department, Edina, MN.
- Issue published online: 2 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2010
- Received November 14, 2009; revision received January 14, 2010; accepted January 23, 2010.
- 18Prehospital ultrasound: perspectives from four countries. In: MAJ, MateerJ, BlaivasM, eds. Emergency Ultrasound. New York, NY: McGraw Hill, 2008., , , et al.
- 21Paramedic prehospital ultrasound training evaluation [abstract]. Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15:S46., , , .