Insurance disparity data presented at the American College of Emergency Physicians Research Forum, Boston, MA, October 2009; race and insurance disparity data presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Midwest Regional Meeting, Ann Arbor, MI, September 2009.
Effect of Race and Insurance on Outcome of Pediatric Trauma
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 8, pages 809–812, August 2010
How to Cite
Hakmeh, W., Barker, J., Szpunar, S. M., Fox, J. M. and Irvin, C. B. (2010), Effect of Race and Insurance on Outcome of Pediatric Trauma. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 809–812. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00819.x
Supervising Editor: Lowell W. Gerson, PhD.
- Issue published online: 29 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2010
- Received March 5, 2010; revision received April 29, 2010; accepted April 30, 2010.
- 1Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. National Healthcare Quality Report, 2005. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/nhqr05/nhqr05.htm. Accessed May 15, 2010.
- 3Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2001.
- 4Institute of Medicine. Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2003.
- 6Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Healthy People 2010. Conference ed. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2000.
- 7Institute of Medicine. Initial National Priorities for Comparative Effectiveness Research. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2009.
- 10Center for Disease Control and Prevention. National Vital Statistics System: Mortality Data. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/deaths.htm. Accessed May 15, 2010.
- 21Bad Blood: The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment. New York, NY: Free Press, 1993..
- 22Scholars Argue Over Legacy of Surgeon Who Was Lionized, Then Vilified. New York Times. Oct 28, 2003. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/28/health/scholars-argue-over-legacy-of-surgeon-who-was-lionized-then-vilified.html. Accessed Jan 18, 2010..
- 24United States Census Bureau. Report on Health Insurance Coverage: 2008. Available at: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/hlthins/. Accessed Jan 18, 2010.