Presented at the American College of Emergency Physicians Scientific Assembly, Boston, MA, October 2009.
Ultrasound Assessment of Severe Dehydration in Children With Diarrhea and Vomiting
Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 10, pages 1035–1041, October 2010
How to Cite
Levine, A. C., Shah, S. P., Umulisa, I., Mark Munyaneza, R. B., Dushimiyimana, J. M., Stegmann, K., Musavuli, J., Ngabitsinze, P., Stulac, S., Epino, H. M. and Noble, V. E. (2010), Ultrasound Assessment of Severe Dehydration in Children With Diarrhea and Vomiting. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 1035–1041. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00830.x
Disclosures: The ultrasound machines used in this study were donated by Sonosite, Inc. (Bothell, WA), to Partners In Health for use at the hospitals it supports in Rwanda. The machines were not donated specifically for this research study, and Sonosite had no involvement in the design, execution, or reporting of this study.
Supervising Editor: Thomas Costantino, MD.
- Issue online: 12 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2010
- Received December 9, 2009; revision received January 25, 2010; accepted January 29, 2010.
- 1World Health Organization. World Health Report 2005: Making Every Mother and Child Count: Statistical Annex. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2005.
- 4World Health Organization. The Treatment of Diarrhoea: A Manual for Physicians and Other Senior Health Workers, 4th revision. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2005.