Presented at the ASA International Stroke Conference, San Francisco, CA, February 7–9, 2007; and the Fourth Mediterranean Emergency Medicine Congress, Sorrento, Italy, September 15–19, 2007.
Safety of Intravenous Thrombolytic Use in Four Emergency Departments Without Acute Stroke Teams
Article first published online: 12 OCT 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 10, pages 1062–1071, October 2010
How to Cite
Scott, P. A., Frederiksen, S. M., Kalbfleisch, J. D., Xu, Z., Meurer, W. J., Caveney, A. F., Sandretto, A., Holden, A. B., Haan, M. N., Hoeffner, E. G., Ansari, S. A., Lambert, D. P., Jaggi, M., Barsan, W. G. and Silbergleit, R. (2010), Safety of Intravenous Thrombolytic Use in Four Emergency Departments Without Acute Stroke Teams. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 1062–1071. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00868.x
Awards N006648 from the Michigan Department of Community Health and 5 RO1 NS050372 from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke supported the study.
Neither the Michigan Department of Community Health nor the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke had a role in the design and conduct of the study; the collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; or in the preparation, review, and approval of the manuscript, other than with respect to the review of the grant application at the initiation of the project.The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the State of Michigan or the U.S. government.
Supervising Editor: Nine Gentile, MD.
- Issue published online: 12 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 12 OCT 2010
- Received November 20, 2009; revisions received January 12 and February 5, 2010; accepted February 11, 2010.
- 26Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry homepage. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/stroke_registry.htm. Accessed Jul 2, 2010.
- 31U.S. Department of Commerce. National Technical Information Service. Available on CD ROM from http://www.ntis.gov. Product # PB2006-500032.