Presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine midwest regional meeting, Ann Arbor, MI, September 2009; the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors Academic Assembly, Orlando, FL, March 2010; the Illinois College of Emergency Physicians resident research competition, Chicago, IL, April 2010; and the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine annual meeting, Phoenix, AZ, June 2010.
Curriculum Design of a Case-based Knowledge Translation Shift for Emergency Medicine Residents
Article first published online: 12 OCT 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: CORD/CDEM Educational Advances Supplement
Volume 17, Issue Supplement s2, pages S42–S48, October 2010
How to Cite
Friedman, S., Sayers, B., Lazio, M., Friedman, S. and Gisondi, M. A. (2010), Curriculum Design of a Case-based Knowledge Translation Shift for Emergency Medicine Residents. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: S42–S48. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00879.x
Supervising Editor: Nicole DeIorio, MD.
- Issue published online: 12 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 12 OCT 2010
- Received April 21, 2010; revision received June 26, 2010; accepted June 29, 2010.
- 2Knowledge Translation: Introduction to Models, Strategies, and Measures. Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory, National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research, 2007..
- 9What drives change? Barriers to and incentives for achieving evidence-based practice. Med J Aust. 2004; 6(Suppl):S57–60., .
- 10Curriculum Development for Medical Education: A Six-Step Approach. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1998., , , .
- 18New York Academy of Medicine Evidence based Medicine Resource Center. Developed by Connie Schardt (Duke University Medical Center Library), Jill Mayer (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Health Science Library). What Is Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM)? Available at: http://www.hsl.unc.edu/services/tutorials/ebm/whatis.htm. Accessed Jul 18, 2010.
- 19The Case for Evidence Based Medicine. Available at: http://184.108.40.206/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/Quality/VSRT/CASEFOREVIDENCEbackgroundbrief2006.ashx. Accessed Sept 2010..
- 21Problem based learning: an instructional model and its constructivist framework. Educ Tech. 1995; 35:31–8., .
- 22The Adult Learner: A Neglected Species, 3rd ed. Houston, TX: Gulf Publishing Company, 1984..
- 24Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Emergency Medicine Guidelines. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/RRC_110/110_guidelines.asp. Accessed Jul 18, 2010.