Presented at the American Geriatric Society annual meeting, Orlando, FL, May 2010; and the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine annual meeting, Phoenix, AZ, June 2010.
Palliative Care Needs of Seriously Ill, Older Adults Presenting to the Emergency Department
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2010
© 2010 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 11, pages 1253–1257, November 2010
How to Cite
Grudzen, C. R., Richardson, L. D., Morrison, M., Cho, E. and Sean Morrison, R. (2010), Palliative Care Needs of Seriously Ill, Older Adults Presenting to the Emergency Department. Academic Emergency Medicine, 17: 1253–1257. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2010.00907.x
This study was funded by a Brookdale Foundation Leadership in Aging Fellowship (Dr. Grudzen) and by a Mid-Career Investigator Award in Patient Oriented Research (K24 AG022345) from the National Institute on Aging (Dr. Morrison).
Supervising Editor: Manish Shah, MD, MPH.
- Issue published online: 2 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2010
- Received February 11, 2010; revisions received April 8 and April 16, 2010; accepted April 17, 2010.
- 1Institute of Medicine Committee on Serious and Complex Medical Conditions. Definition of Serious and Complex Medical Conditions. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1999., ;
- 2National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2006 emergency department summary. Natl Health Stat Report. 2008; (7):1–38., , , .
- 20Institute of Medicine. Committee on Care at the End of Life. Approaching Death: Improving Care at the End of Life. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1997., ,