This study was supported by a NIH/NIDA K23 Research Career Award (EDB) (K23DA16698).
Brief Report: 2009 Consensus Conference Follow-up
The Effect of Removing Cost as a Barrier to Treatment Initiation With Outpatient Tobacco Dependence Clinics Among Emergency Department Patients
Article first published online: 22 APR 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 6, pages 662–664, June 2011
How to Cite
Ozhathil, D. K., Abar, B., Baumann, B. M., Camargo, C. A., Ziedonis, D. and Boudreaux, E. D. (2011), The Effect of Removing Cost as a Barrier to Treatment Initiation With Outpatient Tobacco Dependence Clinics Among Emergency Department Patients. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 662–664. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01048.x
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Editor’s note: Academic Emergency Medicine highlights articles that follow up on the research agendas created at the journal’s annual consensus conferences. This article relates to the 2009 AEM consensus conference, “Public Health in the ED: Surveillance, Screening, and Intervention.” All prior consensus conference proceedings issues are available open access at http://www.aemj.org, and authors interested in submitting a consensus conference follow-up paper should consult the author guidelines.
Supervising Editor: Michael Mello, MD.
- Issue published online: 15 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2011
- Received October 18, 2010; revisions received November 23 and November 29, 2010; accepted November 30, 2010.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Promoting tobacco cessation utilizing pre-health professional students as research associates in the emergency department, Addictive Behaviors, 2015, 40, 73, , , , , , , , ,
- 2A randomized clinical trial of the Health Evaluation and Referral Assistant (HERA): Research methods, Contemporary Clinical Trials, 2013, 35, 2, 87, , , ,
- 3The Computer-Assisted Brief Intervention for Tobacco (CABIT) Program: A Pilot Study, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2012, 14, 6, e163, , , , , ,