RATPAC Research Team members are listed in †.
Cost-effectiveness of Point-of-care Biomarker Assessment for Suspected Myocardial Infarction: The Randomized Assessment of Treatment Using Panel Assay of Cardiac Markers (RATPAC) Trial
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 5, pages 488–495, May 2011
How to Cite
Fitzgerald, P., Goodacre, S. W., Cross, E. and Dixon, S. (2011), Cost-effectiveness of Point-of-care Biomarker Assessment for Suspected Myocardial Infarction: The Randomized Assessment of Treatment Using Panel Assay of Cardiac Markers (RATPAC) Trial. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 488–495. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01068.x
The RATPAC trial was funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Program (06/302/19). The study funders had no role in study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; and in the decision to submit the paper for publication. The researchers were independent of the study funders. The views and opinions expressed therein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the NIHR HTA. All authors have completed the Unified Competing Interest form at http://www.icmje.org/coi_disclosure.pdf and declare that they have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Supervising Editor: Richard Byyny, MD, MSc.
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2011
- Received August 3, 2010; revisions received October 21 and November 21, 2010; accepted November 21, 2010.
- 4National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Guidance for the Management of Acute Chest Pain. Available at: http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG95. Accessed Mar 4, 2011.
- 6National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Guide to the Methods of Technology Appraisal. London, UK: NICE, April 2004.
- 8Unit Costs of Health and Social Care 2004. University of Kent, Personal Social Services Research Unit. Available at: http://www.pssru.ac.uk/uc/uc2004.htm. Accessed Mar 4, 2011.,
- 9The National Archives. NHS Reference Costs 2004–2005. Available at: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_4133221. Accessed Mar 4, 2011.
- 11Permutation, Parametric and Bootstrap Tests of Hypothesis, 3rd ed. New York, NY: Springer, 2005..
- 12Multiple Imputation for Nonresponse in Surveys. New York, NY: J Wiley & Sons, 1987..