Presented at the California American College of Emergency Physicians (CAL-ACEP) annual meeting, San Diego, CA, June 2006; the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) annual meeting, San Francisco, CA, May 2006; and the SAEM Western Regional Section annual meeting, Redondo Beach, CA, March 2006.
Test Characteristics of Focused Assessment of Sonography for Trauma for Clinically Significant Abdominal Free Fluid in Pediatric Blunt Abdominal Trauma
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 5, pages 477–482, May 2011
How to Cite
Fox, J. C., Boysen, M., Gharahbaghian, L., Cusick, S., Ahmed, S. S., Anderson, C. L., Lekawa, M. and Langdorf, M. I. (2011), Test Characteristics of Focused Assessment of Sonography for Trauma for Clinically Significant Abdominal Free Fluid in Pediatric Blunt Abdominal Trauma. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 477–482. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01071.x
M. Boysen was supported by the Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn Kuckein research grant. J. Christian Fox, MD, RDMS, Laleh Gharahbaghian, MD, Seric Cusick, MD, RDMS, Suleman S. Ahmed, [BS, BA], Craig L. Anderson, MPH, PhD, Michael Lekawa, MD, and Mark I. Langdorf, MD, MHPE, RDMS: No relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Supervising Editor: Thomas G. Costantino, MD.
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2011
- Received July 31, 2010; revision received October 19, 2010; accepted November 3, 2010.
- 3Blunt Abdominal Trauma in Emergency Medicine. eMedicine. Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/821995-overview. Accessed Feb 20, 2011., .
- 6Blunt abdominal trauma. eMedicine. Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/433404-overview. Accessed Feb 20, 2011., .
- 7A study of pattern and injury severity score in blunt thoraco-abdominal trauma cases in Manipal. Medico-Legal Update. 2005; 5:1–6., .
- 18American College of Emergency Physicians. Use of ultrasound imaging by emergency physicians [policy statement]. Ann Emerg Med. 2001; 38:469–70.
- 27Diagnostic Test Calculator (Version 2006032401). Available at: http://araw.mede.uic.edu/cgi-alansz/testcalc.pl?DT=10&Dt=9&dT=9&dt=262&2x2=Compute. Accessed Feb 20, 2011..
- 30Pediatric crash injury research: the challenge of informed consent. Top Emerg Med. 2006; 28:84–90., .
- 31Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network. Perceived challenges to obtaining informed consent for a time-sensitive emergency department study of pediatric status epilepticus: results of two focus groups. Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16:763–70., , , et al.