The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Predicting Hospital Admissions at Emergency Department Triage Using Routine Administrative Data
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 8, pages 844–850, August 2011
How to Cite
Sun, Y., Heng, B. H., Tay, S. Y. and Seow, E. (2011), Predicting Hospital Admissions at Emergency Department Triage Using Routine Administrative Data. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 844–850. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01125.x
Supervising Editor: Rochelle Fu, PhD.
- Issue published online: 15 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2011
- Received October 12, 2010; revisions received January 19, February 24, and March 23, 2011; accepted March 25, 3011.
- 1Ministry of Health Information Paper: Waiting Times at Public Sector Emergency Departments. Health Information Management Branch, Ministry of Health. Singapore. Available at: http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/uploadedFiles/Publications/Information_Papers/2005/07_Waiting_Times_at_Public_Sector_Emergency_Departments.pdf. Accessed May 21, 2011..
- 15Singapore Ministry of Health. Waiting Times in Emergency Department. Singapore Ministry of Health: Healthcare Institution Statistics Report, 2010.
- 16Predicting hospital admission at triage in emergency department patients. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2007; 11:937., , .
- 21Predicting hospital admission in a pediatric emergency department using an artificial neural network. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2006:1004., , , .
- 25Society for Emergency Medicine in Singapore. Singapore Emergency Medicine Services Patient Acuity Category (PAC) Scale. Available at: http://www.semsonline.org/guidelines/pac.html. Accessed May 12, 2011.
- 26Multilevel Analysis: An Introduction to Basic and Advanced Multilevel Modeling. London, England: SAGE Publications, 1999., .
- 27Design and analysis of cluster randomization trials in health research. London, England: Oxford University Press, 2000., .