On behalf of the Industry Relations Committee (Society for Academic Emergency Medicine), 2010–2011. Members: Deborah Diercks, Jim Tarrant, Robert Birkhahn, Terry Kowalenko, Liudvikas Jagminas, Christian Fromm, Jeffery Sankoff, Todd Larabee, and David Kramer.
Self-reported Financial Conflicts of Interest During Scientific Presentations in Emergency Medicine
Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 977–980, September 2011
How to Cite
Birkhahn, R. H., Fromm, C., Larabee, T. and Diercks, D. B. (2011), Self-reported Financial Conflicts of Interest During Scientific Presentations in Emergency Medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 977–980. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01141.x
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: James Adams, MD.
- Issue online: 11 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2011
- Received November 11, 2010; revision received January 28, 2011; accepted January 28, 2011.
- 1Harvard Medical School in Ethics Quandary. The New York Times, 2009. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/business/03medschool.html. Accessed Jun 10, 2011..
- 2Crackdown on Doctors Who Take Kickbacks. The New York Times, 2009. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/04/health/policy/04doctors.html. Accessed Jun 10, 2011..
- 3Doctor’s Pain Studies Were Fabricated, Hospital Says. The New York Times, 2009. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/11/health/research/11pain.html. Accessed Jun 10, 2011..
- 4Harvard Finds Scientist Guilty of Misconduct. The New York Times, 2010. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/education/21harvard.html. Accessed Jun 10, 2011..
- 5New Focus of Inquiry Into Bribes: Doctors. The New York Times, 2008. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/22/business/22device.html. Accessed Jun 10, 2011..
- 8Increasingly conflicted: an analysis of conflicts of interest reported at the annual meetings of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association. Bull Hosp Joint Dis. 2006; 63:83–7., , , , .
- 13Testimony: Examining the Relationship between the Medical Device Industry and Physicians. In Hearing Before the Senate Special Committee on Aging. Available at: http://oig.hhs.gov/testimony/docs/2008/demske_testimony022708.pdf. Accessed Jun 10, 2011..
- 14Office of Public Health and Science, Department of Health and Human Services. Office of Research Integrity Annual Report, 2008. Available at: http://ori.hhs.gov/documents/annual_reports/ori_annual_report_2008.pdf. Accessed Jun 10, 2011.
- 15Cigarette company paid for lung cancer study. The New York Times, 2008. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/health/research/26lung.html. Accessed June 10, 2011..