Presented at the American College of Emergency Physicians Scientific Assembly Research Forum, Las Vegas, NV, September 2010.
Variations in Crowding and Ambulance Diversion in Nine Emergency Departments
Article first published online: 11 SEP 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 941–946, September 2011
How to Cite
Handel, D. A., Pines, J., Aronsky, D., Genes, N., Ginde, A. A., Hackman, J., Hilton, J. A., Hwang, U., Kamali, M., Powell, E., Sattarian, M. and Fu, R. (2011), Variations in Crowding and Ambulance Diversion in Nine Emergency Departments. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 941–946. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01149.x
Dr. Aronsky is a board member and shareholder of Apogee Informatics (Madison, AL) and ii4sm (Basel, Switzerland). The rest of the authors have no disclosures or conflicts of interest to declare.
Supervising Editor: Lowell Gerson, PhD.
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 11 SEP 2011
- Received January 7, 2011; revision received February 14, 2011; accepted February 15, 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 1A test of the diathesis-stress model in the emergency department: Who develops PTSD after an acute coronary syndrome?, Journal of Psychiatric Research, 2014, 53, 8, , , , , ,
- 2Expanding emergency department capacity: a multisite study, Australian Health Review, 2014, 38, 3, 278, , , , , , , , ,
- 3The ‘Perfect Storm’ and Acute Coronary Syndrome Onset: Do Psychosocial Factors Play a Role?, Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases, 2013, 55, 6, 601, , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Managing emergency department overcrowding via ambulance diversion: A discrete event simulation model, Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, 2012,, , ,
- 6Predictors of patient length of stay in 9 emergency departments, The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2012, 30, 9, 1860, , , , , , , , , , , , ,