Presented at the American College of Emergency Physicians Scientific Assembly Research Forum, Las Vegas, NV, September 2010.
National Study of Emergency Department Observation Services
Version of Record online: 30 AUG 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 959–965, September 2011
How to Cite
Wiler, J. L., Ross, M. A. and Ginde, A. A. (2011), National Study of Emergency Department Observation Services. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 959–965. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01151.x
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: Jacob Ufberg, MD.
- Issue online: 11 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 30 AUG 2011
- Received December 20, 2010; revision received February 27, 2011; accepted March 21, 2011.
- 1The White House. Coming Together to Bring Down the Cost of Healthcare Fact Sheet. Available at: http://healthreform.gov/factsheethealthreformstake.pdf. Accessed Jun 23, 2011.
- 2Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). July 2009 Update of the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS), CMS Manual System, Pub 100-02 Medicare Benefit Policy, Transmittal 10, Change Request 6492. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/transmittals/downloads/R107BP.pdf. Accessed Jun 23, 2011.
- 13National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2007 emergency department summary. Natl Health Stat Rep. 2010; (26):1–31., , .
- 14Plan and operation of the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Survey. Series 1: programs and collection procedures. Vital Health Stat. 1994; (34):1–78., .
- 15The International Classification of Diseases. 9th rev. Clinical Modification, 5th ed. Salt Lake City, UT: Medicode Publications, 1997.
- 24Institute of Medicine. Hospital-Based Emergency Care: At the Breaking Point. Committee on the Future of Emergency Care in the United States Health System. Washington DC: The National Academies Press, 2006.
- 26Jackson Davis HealthCare. The Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) Program: An Evaluation of the 3-year Demonstration. Available at: http://www.racaudits.com/uploads/RAC_Demonstration_Evaluation_Report.pdf. Accessed Jun 23, 2011.