Presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) annual meeting, New Orleans, LA, May 14–17, 2009; the SAEM annual meeting, Washington, DC, May 29–June 1, 2008; and the Pediatric Academic Societies’ annual meeting, Baltimore, MD, May 2–5, 2009.
VeinViewer-assisted Intravenous Catheter Placement in a Pediatric Emergency Department
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 966–971, September 2011
How to Cite
Chapman, L. L., Sullivan, B., Pacheco, A. L., Draleau, C. P. and Becker, B. M. (2011), VeinViewer-assisted Intravenous Catheter Placement in a Pediatric Emergency Department. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 966–971. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01155.x
Funding sources/disclosures: Christie Medical (formerly Luminetx) provided the VeinViewer device (Model VV1.0) and funding for the independent statistical analysis. No additional funding was provided, and Christie Medical had no further role in the study.
ClinicalTrials.gov number NCT00468065.
Supervising Editor: James Miner, MD.
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2011
- Received December 1, 2010; revisions received February 14, March 17, and March 21, 2011; accepted March 23, 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 2An innovative approach to near-infrared spectroscopy using a standard mobile device and its clinical application in the real-time visualization of peripheral veins, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 2014, 14, 1, ,
- 3Efficacy of AccuVein to Facilitate Peripheral Intravenous Placement in Adults Presenting to an Emergency Department: A Randomized Clinical Trial, La Eficacia de AccuVein para Facilitar la Colocación de una Vía Intravenosa Periférica en Adultos que Acuden a un Servicio de Urgencias: Un Ensayo Clínico, Academic Emergency Medicine, 2014, 21, 8, , , , , ,
- 5Towards a Low-Cost Mobile Subcutaneous Vein Detection Solution Using Near-Infrared Spectroscopy, The Scientific World Journal, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , ,
- 6A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of New Interventions for Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation of Children, Pediatric Emergency Care, 2013, 29, 7, 858, , , ,
- 7Comment améliorer l’accès veineux difficile en anesthésie pédiatrique ?, Le Praticien en Anesthésie Réanimation, 2013, 17, 1, 32, ,
- 8II. Difficult peripheral veins: turn on the lights, British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2013, 110, 6, 888, ,
- 10New Biomedical Devices That Use Near-Infrared Technology to Assist With Phlebotomy and Vascular Access, Pediatric Emergency Care, 2013, 29, 3, 383, ,
- 12Portable robot for autonomous venipuncture using 3D near infrared image guidance, TECHNOLOGY, 2013, 01, 01, 72, , , , ,
- 13The Effectiveness of a Near-Infrared Vascular Imaging Device to Support Intravenous Cannulation in Children with Dark Skin Color, Anesthesia & Analgesia, 2013, 116, 6, 1266, , , , ,
- 14The use of near-infrared light for safe and effective visualization of subsurface blood vessels to facilitate blood withdrawal in children, Medical Engineering & Physics, 2013, 35, 4, 433, , , , , , ,
- 15The VeinViewer Vascular Imaging System Worsens First-Attempt Cannulation Rate for Experienced Nurses in Infants and Children with Anticipated Difficult Intravenous Access, Anesthesia & Analgesia, 2013, 116, 5, 1087, , , , , ,
- 17Efficacy of VeinViewer in pediatric peripheral intravenous access: a randomized controlled trial, European Journal of Pediatrics, 2012, 171, 7, 1121, , , , , , , ,
- 18Response to Harris and Harris Letter, Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 2012, 27, 5, 574, , ,