The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Medical Student Education
Developing a Third-year Emergency Medicine Medical Student Curriculum: A Syllabus of Content
Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: CORD/CDEM Educational Advances Supplement
Volume 18, Issue Supplement s2, pages S36–S40, October 2011
How to Cite
Tews, M. C., Wyte, C. M. D., Coltman, M., Grekin, P. A., Hiller, K., Oyama, L. C., Pandit, K. and Manthey, D. E. (2011), Developing a Third-year Emergency Medicine Medical Student Curriculum: A Syllabus of Content. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: S36–S40. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01161.x
Supervising Editor: Nicole DeIorio, MD.
- Issue online: 14 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2011
- Received April 12, 2011; revision received June 23, 2011; accepted June 27, 2011.
- 4Guidelines for Undergraduate Education in Emergency Medicine. Available at: http://www.acep.org/content.aspx?id=29866. Accessed Mar 15, 2011., , , et al.
- 7Third-year medical student clerkships in emergency medicine: a survey of current practices. Poster presented at Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors Academic Assembly, San Diego, CA, March 3–5, 2011., , .
- 8Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). Functions and Structure of a Medical School. Available at: http://www.lcme.org/functions2011may.pdf. Accessed Jun 18, 2011.
- 10Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine, Society of General Internal Medicine. Available at: http://www.im.org/toolbox/Pages/Default.aspx. Accessed Mar 15, 2010.
- 11Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics. Homepage. Available at: http://www.comsep.org/Curriculum/CurriculumCompetencies/index.htm. Accessed Jul 15, 2011.
- 12Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. The Family Medicine Clerkship Curriculum. Available at: http://www.stfm.org/documents/fmcurriculum%28v3%29.pdf. Accessed Jul 22, 2011.
- 13Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics. APGO Medical Student Educational Objectives, 9th ed. Available at: http://www.obgyn.uab.edu/medicalstudents/obgyn/uasom/documents/Final%20EDUC%20OBJ.pdf. Accessed Jul 15, 2011.
- 14American Academy of Neurology. Neurology Clerkship Core Curriculum Guidelines. Available at: http://www.aan.com/globals/axon/assets/2770.pdf. Accessed Jul 15, 2011.
- 16Association of American Medical Colleges. Report I: Learning Objectives for Medical Student Education: Medical School Objectives Project (MSOP) 1998. Available at: http://webcampus.drexelmed.edu/professionalism/AAMCMedicalSchoolObjectivesProject.pdf. Accessed Jul 15, 2011.
- 18AAMC Task Force. Recommendations for Preclerkship Clinical Skills Education of Medical Students. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/download/130608/data/clinicalskills_oct09.qxd.pdf.pdf. Accessed Jul 15, 2011.
- 21ACGME Outcome Project. Advancing Education in Medical Professionalism. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/outcome/implement/Profm_resource.pdf. Accessed Jul 15, 2011.
- 22ACGME Outcome Project. Advancing Education in Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/outcome/implement/interpercomskills.pdf. Accessed Jul 15, 2011.
- 23Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine. Emergency Medicine Clerkship Primer: A Manual for Medical Students. Available at: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/departments/EmergencyMedicine/Education/Documents/EM%2520Clerkship%2520Primer.pdf&sa=U&ei=vSJUTqKbF8fXgQfD4dEx&ved=0CBMQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFln9l9joOfXvsmlTiwk7XhjKBiNw. Accessed August 2011.
- 24Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine. CDEM Student Portal. Available at: http://www.cdemcurriculum.org/. Accessed Mar 15, 2010.