Presented at the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors (CORD) Academic Assembly, San Diego, CA, March 2011.
Medical Student Education
Third-year Medical Student Rotations in Emergency Medicine: A Survey of Current Practices
Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: CORD/CDEM Educational Advances Supplement
Volume 18, Issue Supplement s2, pages S41–S47, October 2011
How to Cite
Mulcare, M. R., Suh, E. H., Tews, M., Swan-Sein, A. and Pandit, K. (2011), Third-year Medical Student Rotations in Emergency Medicine: A Survey of Current Practices. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: S41–S47. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01187.x
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: John H. Burton, MD.
- Issue online: 14 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2011
- Received April 20, 2011; revision received June 23, 2011; accepted June 28, 2011.
- 3American College of Emergency Physicians. Policy Statement. 2009 Model of the Clinical Practice of Emergency Medicine [approved Sept 2009]. Available at: http://www.acep.org/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=47823. Accessed Jul 27, 2011.
- 9Liaison Committee for Medical Education. Functions and Structure of a Medical School. Available at: http://www.lcme.org/functions2010jun.pdf. Accessed Jul 27, 2011.
- 11Liaison Committee for Medical Education. Directory of Accredited Medical Education Programs. Available at: http://www.lcme.org/directry.htm. Accessed Jul 26, 2011.
- 13Association of American Medical Colleges. AAMC The Project on the Clinical Education of Medical Students. Available at: http://www.aamc.org/initiatives/clinicalskills/. Accessed Jul 17, 2011.
- 15American Association of Medical Colleges. Curriculum Management & Information Tool: 2009 Curriculum Directory. Washington, DC: Association of American Medical Colleges. Available at: http://services.aamc.org/currdir/. Accessed Jul 27, 2011.
- 19MedEdPortal. American Association of Medical Colleges, Curriculum Inventory Portal (CIP). Available at: https://www.aamc.org/initiatives/medaps/cip/. Accessed Aug 2, 2011.
- 20Developing a third-year emergency medicine medical student curriculum: a syllabus of content. Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18(Suppl 2):doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01161.x, , , et al.