Participants: Dominik Aronsky, Brent Asplin, Kevin Baumlin, Christopher Beach, Steven Bernstein, Michelle Blanda, Joseph Bushra, Linda Davis-Moon, Sarang Deo, Susan Duffy, Eric Goldlust, Matthew Gratton, David Griffen, Leon Haley, Jr., Kendall Hall, Thomas Riisgaard Hansen, Keith Kocher, Mark McClelland, Brad Morrison, Elaine Rabin, Niels Rathlev, John Rogers, Richard Ruddy, Steven Shane, Robert Sherwin, Inger Sondergaard, Olan Soremekun, Susan Stern, Seth Trueger, Arjun Venkatesh, and Andrew Zinkel.
Consensus Breakout Session
Interventions to Safeguard System Effectiveness During Periods of Emergency Department Crowding
Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: Proceedings of the 2011 AEM Consenus Conference: Interventions to Assure Quality in the Crowded Emergency Department Guest Editors: James R. Miner, MD Manish N. Shah, MD, MPH
Volume 18, Issue 12, pages 1313–1317, December 2011
How to Cite
Kocher, K. E., Shane, S. A., Venkatesh, A. K., Aronsky, D., Asplin, B. R. and Rathlev, N. K. (2011), Interventions to Safeguard System Effectiveness During Periods of Emergency Department Crowding. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 1313–1317. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01219.x
Funding for this conference was made possible (in part) by 1R13HS020139-01 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. This issue of Academic Emergency Medicine is funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: James Miner, MD.
- Issue online: 13 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2011
- Received July 15, 2011; revision received August 12, 2011; accepted August 12, 2011.
- 1Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2001.
- 16Medical team training programs in health care. In: Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2005. Available at: http://aptima.com/publications/2005_Baker_Gustafson_Beaubien_Salas_Barach.pdf. Accessed Sep 12, 2011., , , , .
- 23Costs and benefits of health information technology. In: Evidence Report/Technology Assessment No. 132, Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2006. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK37988/. Accessed Sep 12, 2011., , .
- 26The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right. New York, NY: Metropolitan Books, 2009..
- 30National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2007 Emergency Department Summary. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2010., , .