Breakout Session Participants: Felix Ankel, Michelle Blanda, Mike Carter, Meher Chaudhry, David Cone, Linda Davis-Moon, Nicole DeIorio (observing), Susan Duffy, Heather Farley, Ula Hwang, Melissa McCarthy, Mark McClelland, Brian Rowe, Kirsten Rounds, Peter Samuel, Jeffrey Smith, Bob Solomon, Seth Trieger, and Adrian Tyndall.
Consensus Breakout Session
Interventions to Improve Patient-centered Care During Times of Emergency Department Crowding
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: Proceedings of the 2011 AEM Consenus Conference: Interventions to Assure Quality in the Crowded Emergency Department Guest Editors: James R. Miner, MD Manish N. Shah, MD, MPH
Volume 18, Issue 12, pages 1289–1294, December 2011
How to Cite
Pham, J. C., Seth Trueger, N., Hilton, J., Khare, R. K., Smith, J. P. and Bernstein, S. L. (2011), Interventions to Improve Patient-centered Care During Times of Emergency Department Crowding. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 1289–1294. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01224.x
This manuscript represents a component of the 2011 Academic Emergency Medicine Consensus Conference entitled “Interventions to Assure Quality in the Crowded Emergency Department (ED)” held in Boston, MA.
Funding for this conference was made possible (in part) by 1R13HS020139-01 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. This issue of Academic Emergency Medicine is funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: James Miner, MD.
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2011
- Received July 31, 2011; accepted August 10, 2011.
- 1Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 2001.
- 7How accurately can emergency department providers estimate patient satisfaction, quality of pain control, and effectiveness of provider communication? [abstract]. Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 48:25., , , , .
- 23The role of a rapid assessment zone/pod on reducing overcrowding in emergency departments: a systematic review. Emerg Med J. 2011; 22:in press., , , et al.
- 29Patients’ perception of privacy during various phases of emergency care [abstract]. Ann Emerg Med. 2005; 46:7., , , .