This manuscript was a component of the 2011 Academic Emergency Medicine Consensus Conference entitled “Interventions to Assure Quality in the Crowded Emergency Department (ED)” held in Boston, MA.
Emergency Medicine: An Operations Management View
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2011
© 2011 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: Proceedings of the 2011 AEM Consenus Conference: Interventions to Assure Quality in the Crowded Emergency Department Guest Editors: James R. Miner, MD Manish N. Shah, MD, MPH
Volume 18, Issue 12, pages 1262–1268, December 2011
How to Cite
Soremekun, O. A., Terwiesch, C. and Pines, J. M. (2011), Emergency Medicine: An Operations Management View. Academic Emergency Medicine, 18: 1262–1268. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01226.x
Funding for this conference was made possible (in part) by 1R13HS020139-01 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. This issue of Academic Emergency Medicine is funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: James Miner, MD.
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2011
- 2Redesigning intensive care unit flow using variability management to improve access and safety. Joint Comm J. 2009; 35:535–43., , , , , .
- 14Practice variation in neuroimaging to evaluate dizziness in the ED. Am J Emerg Med. 2011; in press., , , .
- 17National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2007 emergency department summary. Nat Health Stat Rep. 2010; (26):1–31., , .
- 21Forecasting daily attendances at an emergency department to aid resource planning. BMC Emerg Med. 2009; 9:e1., , , .