Presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, May 2007.
Original Research Contribution
Performance of the Canadian CT Head Rule and the New Orleans Criteria for Predicting Any Traumatic Intracranial Injury on Computed Tomography in a United States Level I Trauma Center
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 2–10, January 2012
How to Cite
Papa, L., Stiell, I. G., Clement, C. M., Pawlowicz, A., Wolfram, A., Braga, C., Draviam, S. and Wells, G. A. (2012), Performance of the Canadian CT Head Rule and the New Orleans Criteria for Predicting Any Traumatic Intracranial Injury on Computed Tomography in a United States Level I Trauma Center. Academic Emergency Medicine, 19: 2–10. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01247.x
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: Joshua Goldstein, MD.
- Issue online: 17 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2012
- Received May 16, 2011; revision received June 16, 2011; accepted June 17, 2011.
- 1Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States. Emergency Department Visits, Hospitalizations and Deaths 2002–2006. Atlanta (GA): Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/pdf/blue_book.pdf. Accessed Oct 23, 2011., , , .
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Report to Congress on Mild Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States: Steps to Prevent a Serious Public Health Problem. Atlanta (GA): Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2003.
- 9What is the best imaging strategy for acute stroke? Health Technol Assess. 2004; 8:iii, ix–x, 1–180., , , et al.
- 16Counter-point: are we really ordering too many CT scans? West J Emerg Med. 2008; 9:120–2..
- 25Obtaining consensus for the definition of “clinically important” brain injury in the CCC study [abstract]. Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7:572., , , et al.
- 28Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions. 2nd ed. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, 1981..