ED-SAFE Investigators: Marian E. Betz, MD, MPH, University of Colorado Hospital; Jeffrey M. Caterino, MD, The Ohio State University Medical Center; Talmage Holmes, PhD, MPH, University of Arkansas Medical Center; Maura Kennedy, MD, MPH, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Frank LoVecchio, DO, MPH, Maricopa Medical Center; Lisa A. Uebelacker, PhD, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island; and Wesley Zeger, DO, University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Multicenter Study of Predictors of Suicide Screening in Emergency Departments
Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 239–243, February 2012
How to Cite
Ting, S. A., Sullivan, A. F., Miller, I., Espinola, J. A., Allen, M. H., Camargo, C. A., Boudreaux, E. D. and on behalf of the Emergency Department Safety and Follow-up Evaluation (ED-SAFE) Investigators (2012), Multicenter Study of Predictors of Suicide Screening in Emergency Departments. Academic Emergency Medicine, 19: 239–243. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01272.x
This project was supported by Award Number U01MH088278 from the National Institute of Mental Health. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute of Mental Health or the National Institutes of Health.
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: Lowell Gerson, PhD.
- Issue online: 9 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2012
- Received May 26, 2011; revision received July 26, 2011; accepted July 28, 2011.
- 1Medical help seeking in the emergency department prior to suicide attempt--a case study. Emerg Med Crit Care Rev. 2006:44–5., .
- 3The prevalence of suicidal ideation in the general population: results from the Outcome of Depression International Network (ODIN) study. 2008; 43:299–304., , , et al.
- 5Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Patient suicide: complying with National Patient Safety Goal 15A. Joint Comm Patient Safe. 2008; 8:7–11.