Financial support for meetings and conferences was provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Interagency Agreement DTNH22-07-X-00074.
A National Model for Developing, Implementing, and Evaluating Evidence-based Guidelines for Prehospital Care
Version of Record online: 9 FEB 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 201–209, February 2012
How to Cite
Lang, E. S., Spaite, D. W., Oliver, Z. J., Gotschall, C. S., Swor, R. A., Dawson, D. E. and Hunt, R. C. (2012), A National Model for Developing, Implementing, and Evaluating Evidence-based Guidelines for Prehospital Care. Academic Emergency Medicine, 19: 201–209. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01281.x
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: David C. Cone, MD.
- Issue online: 9 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 FEB 2012
- Received July 22, 2011; revision received October 11, 2011; accepted October 16, 2011.
- 1National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. National EMS Research Agenda. Available at: http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/ems/ems-agenda/EMSResearchAgenda.pdf. Accessed Sep 29, 2011.
- 2Committee on the Future of Emergency Care in the United States Health System. Emergency Medical Services: At the Crossroads. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 2006.
- 3Committee for Evaluating Medical Technologies in Clinical Use. Assessing Medical Technologies. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 1985.
- 8National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards. Washington DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2009.
- 13Institute of Medicine. Clinical Practice Guidelines: Directions for a New Program. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 1990.
- 14Canadian Prehospital Protocols Group. Evidence Based Prehospital Protocols. Available at: http://emergency.medicine.dal.ca/ehsprotocols/protocols/TOC.cfm. Accessed Nov 17, 2011.
- 16American Heart Association. Scientific Statements and Practice Guidelines. Available at: http://my.americanheart.org/professional/StatementsGuidelines/ByPublicationDate/CurrentYear/Current-Year_UCM_322835_Article.jsp. Accessed Nov 26, 2011.
- 17Implementation and integration of prehospital ECGs into systems of care for acute coronary syndrome: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Interdisciplinary Council on Quality of Care and Outcomes Research, Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee, Council on Cardiovascular Nursing, and Council on Clinical Cardiology. Circulation. 2008; 118:1066–79., , , et al.
- 19National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. National EMS Scope of Practice Model. Available at: http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/ems/EMSScope.pdf. Accessed Nov 17, 2011.
- 30The AGREE Research Trust. The Appraisal of Guidelines for Research and Evaluation (AGREE) Instrument. London, UK: The AGREE Research Trust, 2001.
- 33Canadian Thoracic Society: presenting a new process for clinical practice guideline production. Can Respir J. 2009; 16:e62–8., , , et al.
- 41The GuideLine Implementability Appraisal (GLIA): development of an instrument to identify obstacles to guideline implementation. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2005; 5:e23., , , et al.