This trial was registered at the National Institutes of Health Web site (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01316172).
A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Study Demonstrating a Novel, Effective Model of Transfer of Care between Physicians: The 5 Cs of Consultation
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 8, pages 968–974, August 2012
How to Cite
Kessler, C. S., Afshar, Y., Sardar, G., Yudkowsky, R., Ankel, F. and Schwartz, A. (2012), A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Study Demonstrating a Novel, Effective Model of Transfer of Care between Physicians: The 5 Cs of Consultation. Academic Emergency Medicine, 19: 968–974. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2012.01412.x
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supervising Editor: John Burton, MD.
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
- Received February 1, 2012; revision received March 12, 2012; accepted March 17, 2012.
- 1Joint Commission. Sentinel Event Statistics: As of March 31, 2008. Updated file available at: http://www.jointcommission.org/sentinel_event.aspx. Accessed May 28, 2012.
- 5Joint Commission. Sentinel Event Alert: Delays in Treatment. Available at: http://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/18/SEA_26.pdf. Accessed May 28, 2012.
- 6Emergency physician to admitting physician handovers: an exploratory study. Proc Human Factors Ergonomics Soc. 46th Annual Meeting. Baltimore, MD, September 30–October 4, 2002., , , et al.
- 8Institute of Medicine. To Err Is Human: Building a Better Health Care System. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 1999.
- 12Referral and consultation in emergency medicine practice. Acad Emerg Med. 1994; 11:565–71., , .
- 13ACGME. Outcome Project. General Competencies. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/irc/irc_competencies.asp. Accessed May 28, 2012.
- 15The Seven Cs of Consulting: The Definitive Guide to the Consulting Process. Harlow, UK: Pearson Education Limited, 2003..
- 16A modified Delphi approach to a new card sorting methodology. J Usability Stud. 2008; 4:7–30..
- 17The modified Delphi technique--a rotational modification. J Vocat Tech Educ. 1999; 15:50–8., , .
- 21Psychometric Theory, 2nd ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 1978..
- 22Hawthorne Revisited: Management and the Worker, Its Critics, and Developments in Human Relations in Industry. Ithaca, NY: State University of New York, Ithaca, 1958..