This work was supported by the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Program, Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia. The views, opinions, and/or findings contained in this report are those of the authors and should not be construed as an official Department of Defense position, policy, or decision. This research complied with the Animal Welfare Act and adhered to the principles enunciated in the Guide for the Care and Use of the Laboratory Animals per SECNAVINST 3800.38B and AFMAN 40-401(I). The authors have not had any relationship with any manufacturers of electronic control devices, including employment, consultancies, stock ownership, honoraria, paid expert testimony, patent applications/registrations, and grants or other funding. Research was supported by US Navy Contract #N001408WR20088.
Muscle Contraction During Electro-muscular Incapacitation: A Comparison Between Square-wave Pulses and the TASER® X26 Electronic Control Device*
Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2010
2010 American Academy of Forensic Sciences. Published 2010. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the U.S.A.
Journal of Forensic Sciences
Volume 56, Issue Supplement s1, pages S95–S100, January 2011
How to Cite
Comeaux, J. A., Jauchem, J. R., Cox, D. D., Crane, C. C. and D’Andrea, J. A. (2011), Muscle Contraction During Electro-muscular Incapacitation: A Comparison Between Square-wave Pulses and the TASER® X26 Electronic Control Device. Journal of Forensic Sciences, 56: S95–S100. doi: 10.1111/j.1556-4029.2010.01580.x
M26, X26, and C2 are trademarks of TASER International, Inc. TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc.
- Issue online: 3 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2010
- Received 25 Aug. 2009; and in revised form 3 Dec. 2009; accepted 19 Dec. 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!