Financial support was provided in part by NIH-NCRR R24 RR016094, the UC Davis Veterinary Genetics Laboratory, and the UC Davis Forensic Sciences graduate program.
Mitochondrial DNA Sequencing of Cat Hair: An Informative Forensic Tool*
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2010
2010 American Academy of Forensic Sciences. Published 2010. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the U.S.A.
Journal of Forensic Sciences
Volume 56, Issue Supplement s1, pages S36–S46, January 2011
How to Cite
Tarditi, C. R., Grahn, R. A., Evans, J. J., Kurushima, J. D. and Lyons, L. A. (2011), Mitochondrial DNA Sequencing of Cat Hair: An Informative Forensic Tool. Journal of Forensic Sciences, 56: S36–S46. doi: 10.1111/j.1556-4029.2010.01592.x
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2010
- Received 7 Aug. 2009; and in revised form 24 Nov. 2009; accepted 12 Dec. 2009.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Feline mitochondrial DNA sampling for forensic analysis: When enough is enough!, Forensic Science International: Genetics, 2015, 16, 52, , , , , ,
- 2Forensic utility of the feline mitochondrial control region – A Dutch perspective, Forensic Science International: Genetics, 2015, 17, 25, , , , ,
- 3Acceptance of domestic cat mitochondrial DNA in a criminal proceeding, Forensic Science International: Genetics, 2014, 13, 61, , , , , ,
- 4Forensic DNA Applications, 2014,, , , , , , , ,
- 5Developmental validation of DogFiler, a novel multiplex for canine DNA profiling in forensic casework, Forensic Science International: Genetics, 2013, 7, 1, 82, , , , , ,
- 6Forensic DNA Analysis, 2013,,
- 7Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences, 2013,, ,
- 8Cats of the pharaohs: genetic comparison of Egyptian cat mummies to their feline contemporaries, Journal of Archaeological Science, 2012, 39, 10, 3217, , , , , ,
- 9Genetic testing in domestic cats, Molecular and Cellular Probes, 2012, 26, 6, 224,
- 10Species Identification of Ten Common Farm Animals Based on Mitochondrial 12S rRNA Gene Polymorphisms, Animal Biotechnology, 2012, 23, 3, 213, , ,