Local Food, Local Engagement: Community-Supported Agriculture in Eastern Iowa
Version of Record online: 22 JUN 2010
© 2010 by the American Anthropological Association
Culture & Agriculture
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 4–16, June 2010
How to Cite
Janssen, B. (2010), Local Food, Local Engagement: Community-Supported Agriculture in Eastern Iowa. Culture & Agriculture, 32: 4–16. doi: 10.1111/j.1556-486X.2010.01031.x
- Issue online: 22 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 JUN 2010
- 1995 Community Supported Agriculture: Building Moral Community or an Alternative Consumer Choice. Culture and Agriculture 51/52: 28–31. , and
- 1998 The Quest for Purity Stewardship of the Land, and Nostalgia for Socialability: Resocializing Commodities Through Community Supported Agriculture. CSA Farm Network, Vol. II, Stillwater, NY: CSA Farm Network. , and
- 2000 Community-Supported Agriculture: A Sustainable Alternative to Industrial Agriculture? Human Organization 59 (2):187–197. , and
- 1999 Close Encounters with a CSA: The Reflections of a Bruised and Somewhat Wiser Anthropologist. Agriculture and Human Values 16: 3–9.
- 2000a Transforming Organic Agriculture into Industrial Organic Products: Reconsidering National Organic Standards. Human Organization 59 (2):198–298.
- 2000b Place, Work and Civic Agriculture: Common Fields for Cultivation. Agriculture and Human Values 19: 217–224.
- 2003 Considerably More than Vegetables, a Lot Less Than Community: The Dilemma of Community Supported Agriculture. In Fighting for the Farm: Rural America Transformed. JaneAdams, ed. Pp. 192–206. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
- 2002 Community Supported Agriculture in Central Pennsylvania. Culture and Agriculture 24 (2):42–51.
- 2002 Community Supported Agriculture, Food Consumptions Patterns and Member Commitment. Culture and Agriculture 24 (1):14–25.
- 1998 Community Supported Agriculture takes Root in Iowa. CSA Farm Network, Vol. II, Stillwater, NY: CSA Farm Network.
- 2007 Sharing the Harvest: A Citizen's Guide to Community Supported Agriculture. White River Junction: Chelsea Green Publishing Company. , and
- 1997 Maximizing Shareholder Retention in Southeastern CSAs: A Step Toward Long Term Stability. Santa Cruz, CA: Organic Farming Research Foundation. , and
- 2000 Tasting Food, Tasting Sustainability: Defining the Attributes of an Alternative Food System with Competent, Ordinary People. Human Organization 59 (2):177–186. , , , , and
- 1996 Community Supported Agriculture; Can it Become the Basis for a New Associative Economy? CSA Farm Network, Vol. I, Stillwater, NY: CSA Farm Network.
- 2000 Civic Agriculture: Reconnecting Farm, Food, and Community. Lebanon, NH: Tufts University Press.
- 1997 The Context of Community Farms: Industrial Culture and Agriculture. In CSA Farm Network, Volume II: A Project of the Northeast Organic Farming Association. Steve Gilman, Coordinator. Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program of USDA.
- 2004a Direct from Farm to Table: Community Supported Agriculture in Western Illinois. Culture and Agriculture 26 (1 & 2):149–163. , , and
- 2004b Anthropology and Agriculture in the Western World. Culture and Agriculture 26 (1 & 2): 108–109. , , and
- 2004 Community Supported Agriculture in the Mid-Atlantic Region: Results of a Shareholder Survey and farmer Interviews. Stevensville, MD: Small Farm Success Project, Future Harvest-CASA.
- 2006 The Role of Ideology in New Mexico's CSA Organizations: Conflicting Visions between Growers and Members. In Fast Food/Slow Food: The Cultural Economy of the Global Food System. Richard R.Wilk, ed. Pp. 181–200. Lanham, MD: Alta Mira Press.
- 1999 Growing Food, Growing Community: Community Supported Agriculture in Rural Iowa. Community Development Journal 34 (1):38–46. , , and