Archeological Evidence for Dietary Use of Bigfoot Leopard Frog (Lithobates megapoda) in Postclassic and Colonial Central Mexico
Article first published online: 22 JUN 2010
© 2010 by the American Anthropological Association
Culture & Agriculture
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 42–48, June 2010
How to Cite
Porcasi, J. F. (2010), Archeological Evidence for Dietary Use of Bigfoot Leopard Frog (Lithobates megapoda) in Postclassic and Colonial Central Mexico. Culture & Agriculture, 32: 42–48. doi: 10.1111/j.1556-486X.2010.01034.x
- Issue published online: 22 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 22 JUN 2010
- 1974 The Archaeology of West Mexico. Ajijic, Jalisco: West Mexican Society for Advanced Study.
- 2007 Human Impacts on Drainages of the Mesa Central, Mexico, and its Genetic Effects on an Endangered Fish, Zoogoneticus quitzeoensis. Conservation Biology 21 (1):168–180. , , , , and
- 1985 The Archaeology of West and Northwest Mesoamerica. Boulder: Westview Press. , and
- 2007 Amphibian Species of the World. Electronic document, http://research.amnh.org/herpetology/amphibia/index.php, accessed October 5, 2007.
- 1967 The Ceramics of Huistla, a West Mexican Site in the Municipality of Etzatlán, Jalisco. American Antiquity 32 (1):64–83.
- 1951 Biological Investigations in Mexico, 115: 1–476. Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution Miscellaneous Collections.
- 1945 The Archaeology of the Autlán-Tuxcacuesco Area of Jalisco. I: The Autlán Zone. Ibero-Americana 26. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 1966 Archaeology of the Municipio of Etzatlan, Jalisco. Ph.D. dissertation, Archaeology, University of California, Los Angeles.
- 1966 Suggested Revision for West Mexican Archaeological Sequences. Science 154: 1456–1459. , and
- 1962 Notes and News: Middle America. American Antiquity 27 (4):617–624.
- 1974 The UCLA Department of Anthropology Program in West Mexican Archaeology-Ethnohistory, 1956–1970. In The Archaeology of West Mexico. BettyBell, ed. Pp. 6–18. Ajijic, Jalisco: West Mexican Society for Advanced Study. , and
- 1980 Allotoca maculate, a New Species of Goodeid Fish From Western Mexico, with Comments on Allotoca dugesi. Copeia 3: 408–417. , and
- 1974 The Ahualulco Site and the Shaft-Tomb Complex of the Etzatlán Area. In The Archaeology of West Mexico. BettyBell, ed. Pp. 120–131. Ajijic, Jalisco: West Mexican Society for Advanced Study.
- 1985 Evidence for Complex Societies During the Western Mesoamerican Classic Period. In The Archaeology of West and Northwest Mesoamerica. Michael S.Foster and Paul C.Weigand, eds. Pp. 47–91. Boulder: Westview Press.
- 2000 Landscapes of Cultivation in Mesoamerica on the Eve of Conquest. In The Ancient Civilizations of Mesoamerica, A Reader. Michael E.Smith and Marilyn A.Masson, eds. Pp. 119–143. Oxford: Blackwell. , and
- 1982 Notes on the Breeding and Occurrence of Western Grebe on the Mexican Plateau. Condor 84 (1):127–130.