TESTING THE GENETIC CONSTRAINT HYPOTHESIS IN A PHYLOGENETIC CONTEXT: A SIMULATION STUDY
Version of Record online: 10 OCT 2007
Volume 61, Issue 11, pages 2720–2727, November 2007
How to Cite
Revell, L. J. (2007), TESTING THE GENETIC CONSTRAINT HYPOTHESIS IN A PHYLOGENETIC CONTEXT: A SIMULATION STUDY. Evolution, 61: 2720–2727. doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2007.00216.x
- Issue online: 10 OCT 2007
- Version of Record online: 10 OCT 2007
- Received April 9, 2007Accepted June 2, 2007
- 2002. Discerning evolutionary processes in patterns of tamarin (genus Saguinus) craniofacial variation. Am. J. Phys. Anthropol. 117:260–271. , and .
- 2001. Possible consequences of genes of major effect: transient changes in the G-matrix. Genetica 112–113:33–43. , , and .
- 2003. Phylogenetic analysis of correlation structure in stalk-eyed flies (Diasemopsis, Diopsidae). Evolution 57:87–103. , and .
- 2003. The constancy of the G matrix through species divergence and the effects of quantitative genetic constraints on phenotypic evolution: a case study in crickets. Evolution 57:1107–1120. , and .
- 2004. From micro- to macroevolution through quantitative genetic variation: positive evidence from field crickets. Evolution 58:2287–2304. , and .
- 1964. The theory of genetic loads. Pp. 495–505 in S. J.Geerts, ed. Proceedings of the XI international congress of genetics. Pergamon, Oxford , U.K . , and .
- 1996. Introduction to quantitative genetics. Prentice Hall, Essex U.K . , and .
- 1985. Phylogenies and the comparative method. Am. Nat. 125:1–15.
- 2000. Using the past to predict the present: confidence intervals for regression equations in phylogenetic comparative methods. Am. Nat. 155:346–364. ., and .
- 2003. Stability of the G-matrix in a population experiencing pleiotropic mutation, stabilizing selection, and genetic drift. Evolution 57:1747–1760. , , and .
- 2004. Evolution and stability of the G-matrix on a landscape with a moving optimum. Evolution 58:1639–1654. , , and .
- 1979. Quantitative genetic analysis of multivariate evolution, applied to brain: body size allometry. Evolution 33:402–416.
- 2004. Cranial evolution in sakis (Pithecia, Platyrrhini) II: evolutionary processes and morphological integration. J. Evol. Biol. 17:144–155. , , and .
- 1999. Population divergence and morphometric integration in the greenfinch (Carduelis chloris)—evolution against the trajectory of least resistance? J. Evol. Biol. 12:103–112. , and .
- 2007. The G matrix under fluctuating correlational mutation and selection. Evolution. 61:1857–1872.
- 2005. Underparameterized model of sequence evolution leads to bias in the estimation of diversification rates from molecular phylogenies. Syst. Biol. 54:973–983. , , and .
- 2007. A phylogenetic approach to determining the importance of constraint on phenotypic evolution in the Neotropical lizard Anolis cristatellus. Evol. Ecol. Res. 9:261–282. , , , and .
- 1999. Variation in genetic architecture of calling song among populations of Allonemobius socius, A. fasciatus, and a hybrid population: drift or selection? Evolution 53:216–224. , , and .
- 2006. A comment on phylogenetic correction. Evolution 60:1509–1515.
- 1996. Adaptive radiation along genetic lines of least resistance. Evolution 50:1766–1774.
- 2000. The ecology of adaptive radiation. Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford , U.K.
- 2002. Comparative quantitative genetics: evolution of the G matrix. Trends Ecol. Evol. 17:320–327. , , and .
- 2000. Epistasis and the evolutionary process. Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford , U.K . , , and .