Article first published online: 17 OCT 2007
Volume 62, Issue 1, pages 248–254, January 2008
How to Cite
Chinsamy, A. and Plagányi, É. (2008), ACCEPTING EVOLUTION. Evolution, 62: 248–254. doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2007.00276.x
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2007
- Received September 10, 2007Accepted September 29, 2007
- 2002. Perspective: teaching evolution in higher education. Evolution 56:1891–1901. , and .
- 1994. The effect of evolutionary teaching on students' views of God as creator. J. Theol. southern Afr. 87: 69–73.
- 2001. Perspective: Evolution's struggle for existence in America's public schools. Evolution 55:2379–2388. , and .
- 2006. Evolution trumps intelligent design in Kansas vote. Science 313:743.
- 2000. Diversity of students' views about evidence, theory, and the interface between science and religion in an Astronomy course. J. Res. Sci. Teaching 37:340–362. , , , and .
- 2006. Developing a culture of science in South Africa. Keynote address. International Public Communication of Science and Technology Conference , Seoul , Korea , 2006. http://www.upf.edu/pcstacademy/documents/
- 1997. Scientific views and religious beliefs of college students: the case for biological evolution. J. Res. Sci. Teaching 34:429–445. , and .
- 1995. Students' conceptual ecologies and the process of conceptual change in evolution. Sci. Edu. 79:637–666. , , and .
- 2005. Evolution can't be taught in 270 minutes. Science 308:495. , and .
- 2005. A Europena perspective on ID. Science 309:698.
- 2007. Making evolution relevant and exciting to biology students. Evolution 61–6:1261–1264.
- 2005). Judge Jones Ruling. Case no. 04cv2688 In the US District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. (
- 2005. Breakthrough of the year. Science 310:1869.
- 1990. The rejection of nonscientific beliefs about life: effects of instruction and reasoning skulls. J. Res. Sci. Teaching 27:589–606. , and .
- 2005. Where science meets society. Science 307:815.
- 2006. The Intelligent design controversy: lessons from psychology and education. TRENDS Cognit. Sci. 10:56–57. , , and .
- 1993. How university students view the theory of evolution. J. Coll. Sci. Teaching 22:353–358. , and .
- 2007. Is evolutionary biology strategic science? Evolution 61:239–244.
- 2006. Judge Jones Defines Science—and why intelligent design isn't. Science 311:34.
- 2006. Public Acceptance of Evolution. Science 313:765–766. , , and .
- 2000. Evolutionary theory, the nature of science and high school biology teachers: critical relationships. Am. Biol. Teacher 62:23–31. , and .
- 1997. The relationship between college zoology students' beliefs about evolutionary theory and religion. Journal of Research and Development in Education 30(2):118–125. , .
- 2007. Environmental science, environmentalism and governance. Environmental Conservation 34:90–91.
- 1994 Darwin, have I failed you? Trends Ecol. Evol. 9:275.
- 1993. Science Majors vs nonmajors: Is there a difference? J. College Sci. Teaching 22:299–304. , and .
- 2005. “Intelligent” Design versus evolution. Science 309: 556.
- 1996. Biostatistical analysis. Prentice-Hall International (UK) Limited, London .