DEMOGRAPHY, POLLINATION, AND BAKER'S LAW
Article first published online: 27 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). Evolution© 2011 The Society for the Study of Evolution.
Volume 65, Issue 5, pages 1511–1513, May 2011
How to Cite
Busch, J. W. (2011), DEMOGRAPHY, POLLINATION, AND BAKER'S LAW. Evolution, 65: 1511–1513. doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2011.01224.x
- Issue published online: 26 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JAN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 JAN 2011 12:59PM EST
- Received September 24, 2010, Accepted December 1, 2010
- 1955. Self-compatibility and establishment after “long-distance” dispersal. Evolution 9:347–349.
- 1965. Characteristics and modes of origin of weeds. Pp. 147–168 in Baker, H. G. and G. L.Stebbins, eds. The genetics of colonizing species, Academic Press. New York , NY .
- 1967. Support for Baker's law as a rule. Evolution 21: 853–856.
- 1996. The reproductive biology and genetics of island plants. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B 351: 725–733.
- 1980. Evolution of dioecy in flowering plants. Ann. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 11:15–39.
- 2009. Pollination fluctuations drive evolutionary syndromes linking dispersal and mating system. Am. Nat. 174:46–55. , and .
- 2001. Can varying inbreeding depression select for intermediary selfing rates Am. Nat. 157:361–373. , and .
- 2007. Combining population genetics and demographical approaches in evolutionary studies of plant mating systems. Oikos 116: 271–279. , and .
- 1980. Evolutionary stable dispersal strategies. J. Theor. Biol. 82:205–230. , , and .
- 2008. Allee effect and self-fertilisation in hermaphrodites: reproductive assurance in a structured metapopulation. Evolution 62:2558–2569. , , and .
- 2006. Reproductive assurance and the evolution of uniparental reproduction in flowering plants. Pp. 183–203 in Harder, L. D. and S. C. H.Barrett, eds. Ecology and evolution of flowers, Oxford Univ. Press. Oxford , UK . , , and .
- 2005. The evolutionary enigma of mixed mating systems in plants: occurrence, theoretical explanations, and empirical evidence. Ann. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 36: 47–79. , , and .
- 1979. Some reproductive factors affecting the selection of self-fertilization in plants. Am. Nat. 113:67–79.
- 1955. Evolution in the Notostraca. Evolution 9: 84–86.
- 2011. Evolutionary syndromes linking dispersal and mating system: the effect of autocorrelation in pollination conditions. Evolution doi:10.1111/j.1558-5646.2010.01.01134.x. , and .
- 2008. A tale of two continents: Baker's rule and the maintenance of self-incompatibility in Lycium (Solanaceae). Evolution 62: 1052–1065. , , and .
- 1998. Baker's law revisited: reproductive assurance in a metapopulation. Evolution 52:657–668. , and .
- 2004. What makes a weed a weed: life history traits of native and exotic plants in the USA. Oecologia 141:24–29.
- 2007. Correlated evolution of self-incompatibility and clonality in Solanum. New Phytol. 173:415–421. , and .
- 2008. Phylogenetically independent associations between autonomous self-fertilization and plant invasiveness. Am. Nat. 171:195–201. , , , and .