THE ROLE OF DIFFERENT REPRODUCTIVE BARRIERS DURING PHENOTYPIC DIVERGENCE OF ISOPOD ECOTYPES
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Author(s).
Volume 65, Issue 9, pages 2631–2640, September 2011
How to Cite
Eroukhmanoff, F., Hargeby, A. and Svensson, E. I. (2011), THE ROLE OF DIFFERENT REPRODUCTIVE BARRIERS DURING PHENOTYPIC DIVERGENCE OF ISOPOD ECOTYPES. Evolution, 65: 2631–2640. doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2011.01327.x
- Issue online: 1 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 APR 2011 10:54AM EST
- Received September 24, 2010, Accepted April 03, 2011
- 2007. Natural selection in populations subject to a migration load. Evolution 61:2229–2243. , and .
- 2009. Phenotype-dependent native habitat preference facilitates divergence between parapatric lake and stream stickleback. Evolution 63:2004–2016. , , , , , and .
- 2005. Parallel evolution of sexual isolation in sticklebacks. Evolution 59:361–373. , , and .
- 2006. JMATING: a software for the analysis of sexual selection and sexual isolation effects from mating frequency data. BMC Evol. Biol. 6:40–44. , and .
- 1997. “Patterns of speciation in Drosophila” revisited. Evolution 51:295–303. , and .
- 2004. Ecological speciation. Pp. 179–210 in Speciation Sinauer Associates, Sunderland , MA . , and .
- 2008. Matching habitat choice causes directed gene flow: a neglected dimension in evolution and ecology. Evolution 62:2462–2472. , , and .
- 2009. Contemporary parallel diversification, antipredator adaptations and phenotypic integration in an aquatic isopod. PLoS ONE 4:e6173. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0006173. and .
- 2009a. Parallelism and historical contingency during rapid ecotype divergence in an aquatic isopod. J. Evol. Biol. 22:1098–1110. , , , , , and .
- 2009b. Rapid adaptive divergence between ecotypes of an aquatic isopod inferred from FST-QST analysis. Mol. Ecol. 18:4912–4923. , , and .
- 2000. Patterns of parapatric speciation. Evolution 54:1126–1134. , , and .
- 2007. Case studies and mathematical models of ecological speciation. 1. Cichlids in a crater lake. Mol. Ecol. 16:2893–2909. , , , , and .
- 2004. Habitat-specific pigmentation in a freshwater isopod: adaptive evolution over a small spatio-temporal scale. Evolution 58:81–94. , , and .
- 2005. Locally differentiated cryptic pigmentation in the freshwater isopod Asellus aquaticus. J. Evol. Biol. 18:713–721. , , and .
- 2007. Long-term pattern of alternative stable states in two shallow eutrophic lakes. Ecosystems 10:28–35. , , and .
- 2000. Rapid evolution of reproductive isolation in the wild: evidence from introduced salmon. Science 290:516–518. , , , , and .
- 2001. Population mixing and the adaptive divergence of quantitative traits in discrete populations: a theoretical framework for empirical tests. Evolution 55:459–466. , , and .
- 2007. The speed of ecological speciation. Funct. Ecol. 21:455–464. , , and .
- 1997. Why do females mate multiply? A review of the genetic benefits. Biol. Rev. Camb. Phil. Soc. 72:283–327. , and .
- 2010. Phenotypic plasticity in response to the social environment: effects of density and sex-ratio on mating behaviour following ecotype divergence. PLoS ONE 5:e12755. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0012755. , , and .
- 2004. Shared and unique features of evolutionary diversification. Am. Nat. 164:335–349. and .
- 2006. Shared and unique features of diversification in greater Antillean Anolis ecomorphs. Evolution 60:362–369. , , and .
- 2006a. Experimental evidence that predation promotes divergence in adaptive radiation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103:9090–9095. , and .
- 2006b. Reproductive isolation driven by the combined effects of ecological adaptation and reinforcement. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B. 273:991–997. , and .
- 2008. Mechanisms of reinforcement in simulated and natural polymorphic populations. Biol. J. Linn. Soc. 95:305–319. , and .
- 2002. Host-plant adaptation drives the parallel evolution of reproductive isolation. Nature 417:440–443. , , and .
- 2005. Perspective: reproductive isolation caused by natural selection against immigrants from divergent habitats. Evolution 59:705–719. , , and .
- 2003. Components of reproductive isolation between the monkeyflowers Mimulus lewisii and M. cardinalis (Phrymaceae). Evolution 57:1520–1534. , , and .
- 1985. The predation on Asellus aquaticus (L.) by perch, Perca fluviatilis (L.), in a small forest lake. Hydrobiologia 121:27–34. , and .
- 2009. Adaptive radiation, nonadaptive radiation, ecological speciation and nonecological speciation. Trends Ecol. Evol. 24:394–399. , and .
- 2000. Natural selection and parallel speciation in sympatric sticklebacks. Science 287:306–308. , , , and .
- 2003. Experimental test of predation's effect on divergent selection during character displacement in sticklebacks. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:14943–14948. , , and .
- 2000. The ecology of adaptive radiation Oxford Univ. Press Inc. , New York , Pp. 1–288.
- 1983. Utilization and processing of freshwater wetland macrophytes by the detritivore Asellus forbesi. Ecology 64:1556–1565. , and .
- 1998. Food competition and niche separation between fish and the Red-necked Grebe Podiceps grisegena (Boddaert, 1783). Hydrobiologia 368:75–81. , and .
- 1996. Mechanisms creating community structure across a freshwater habitat gradient. Ann. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 27:337–363. , , and .
- 2006. Divergent outcomes of reinforcement speciation: the relative importance of assortative mating and migration modification, Am. Nat. 167:638–654. and .