3Current address: Department of Biology, Washington University in St. Louis, Campus Box 1137, One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63130.
DISTINGUISHING CAUSES OF VIRULENCE EVOLUTION: REPLY TO ALIZON AND MICHALAKIS
Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). Evolution© 2011 The Society for the Study of Evolution.
Volume 65, Issue 12, pages 3639–3641, December 2011
How to Cite
smith, j. (2011), DISTINGUISHING CAUSES OF VIRULENCE EVOLUTION: REPLY TO ALIZON AND MICHALAKIS. Evolution, 65: 3639–3641. doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2011.01428.x
- Issue online: 1 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 AUG 2011 07:43PM EST
- Received June 3, 2011, Accepted June 20, 2011
- 2011. The transmission-virulence trade-off and superinfection: comments to smith. Evolution. In press . doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2011.01432.x. , and .
- 1994. The evolution of virulence in parasites and pathogens: reconciliation between two competing hypotheses. J. Theor. Biol. 169:253–265. , and
- 2011. Superinfection drives virulence evolution in experimental populations of bacteria and plasmids. Evolution 65:831–841. .