REVERSING MOTHER'S CURSE REVISITED
Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Author(s). Evolution© 2011 The Society for the Study of Evolution.
Volume 66, Issue 2, pages 612–616, February 2012
How to Cite
Hedrick, P. W. (2012), REVERSING MOTHER'S CURSE REVISITED. Evolution, 66: 612–616. doi: 10.1111/j.1558-5646.2011.01465.x
- Issue online: 25 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 SEP 2011 10:01AM EST
- Received June 24, 2011, Accepted August 12, 2011
- 2007. A comparison of nuclear and cytoplasmic genetic effects on sperm competitiveness and female remating in a seed beetle. J. Evol. Biol. 20:2113–2125. , , and .
- 2006. Outbreeding selects for spiteful cytoplasmic elements. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B 273:923–929. , and .
- 1996. Mitchondria and male disease. Nature 383:224. , and .
- 2005. Sperm mobility: phenotype in roosters (Gallus domesticus) determined by mitochondrial function. Biol. Reprod. 72:562–567. , and .
- 2001. Mitochondrial mutations may decrease population viability. Trends Ecol. Evol. 16:115–117. , and .
- 2004. Mother's curse: the effect of mtDNA on individual fitness and population viability. Trends Ecol. Evol. 19:238–244. , , and .
- 2011. Genetics of populations. 4th ed. Jones and Bartlett, Boston , MA .
- 2007. High incidence of single nucleotide substitutions in the mitochondrial genome is associated with poor semen parameters in men. Int. J. Androl. 24:175–182. , , , , , , and
- 2011. Experimental evidence supports a sex-specific selective sieve in mitochondrial genome evolution. Science 332:845–848. , , and .
- 1973. Regions of stable equilibria for models of differential selection in the two sexes under random mating. Genetics 85:171–183. , , , and .
- 2001. Sexually antagonistic cytonuclear fitness interactions in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics 159:173–187. , , and .
- 2004. Effects of purifying and adaptive selection on regional variation in human mtDNA. Science 303:223–226. , , , , and .
- 2010. Introducing mother's curse: low male fertility associated with an imported mtDNA haplotype in a captive colony of brown hares. Mol. Ecol. 19:36–43. , , and .
- 1979. Haploid selection with n alleles in m niches. Am. Nat. 113:439–44.
- 2009. Population genetics of sexually antagonistic mitochondrial mutants under inbreeding. J. Theor. Biol. 260:132–136. , and .
- 2009. Reversing mother's curse: selection on male mitochondrial fitness effects. Evolution 63:1084–1089. , and